thirty-two

In the corner there was a title that caught my attention.

Death Eater Yaxley killed

My heart dropped as I read the title. It couldn't be true, could it? I searched for the article.

Feared Death Eater Corban Yaxley was wanted for years. According to the Minister for Magic, we can be glad this Death Eater is no longer forming a danger for us. (...) Yaxley was killed by the Killing curse, but is unknown who casted the spell. His body was found in the forest on the Hogwarts schoolgrounds. How this was possible, is unknown as well. The Ministry is investigating this rather curious case, and one of our operators thinks this has to do with Dark Magic for sure. Is Hogwarts still safe? (...) His daughter, Callidora Yaxley is currently attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Soon, our reporter Rita Skeeter will take an interview with her. What would she think about this loss? Or would she agree on our opinion?  

'This is not true,' I mumbled as I looked up from the paper. 'This is not true. They're lying again, right?' I repeated with a harsh voice. 'Right?'

Seamus only looked at me with sadness in his eyes. 'It's false.' I didn't know who I wanted to convince; the rest or myself.

'Dora, I ...' Seamus started and he reached out his arm to grab my hand, but I took a step back. 'It's not true, okay? This is one big lie! Everything, my whole life!' I tore the newspaper in two and dropped the parts to the ground. I looked through the room. Everyone was now staring at me, waiting to see what I was going to do next.

'Dora, I know this is not easy to understand, but-' I cut him off. 'No. You don't understand. You don't understand a thing. Do you even understand me?' Seamus looked at me with a hurt expression on his face whilst the tears dripped down my cheeks. 'Ofcourse I do, Dora, I - I love you.' 

I stood there for a few seconds, then shook my head slowly.

I turned around on my heels and walked out of the common room, through several corridors, not knowing where I was going. There were a million thoughts racing through my mind. I wanted them to stop, I wanted to think of nothing, I wanted to run away and never come back.

I only stopped walking when I was forced to, because someone bumped into me and I looked up for the first time. 

'It's you,' I scoffed, disgusted. Most likely, his family was behind this as well.

'It's me,' Draco Malfoy repeated my own words with a smirk. 'Leave me alone,' I replied as I went to walk past him, but he held me back by grabbing my arm.

'Let me go, Draco.'

'Why are you running from me?'

I let out a chuckle. 'I'm not running from you.' He let go of my arm.

'Then why do you want to leave so bad?'

'Because you are a foolish git and I'd rather drown myself than talk to you right now.'

'Tell me how it feels then, dying,' Draco said with a smirk. I sniffed. 'It's far from funny.'

'What then?'

'Get yourself a copy of the Evening Prophet and you might understand only just a little bit how I feel right now,' I snapped, as I turned around and walked away, not believing why I'd ever thought of Draco Malfoy being able to be compassionate.

The tears didn't stop coming as I walked out the massive doors, to the courtyard. I looked across the courtyard. Three Slytherin boys were sitting on a bench, drinking and joking. 'Hey beauty! Care to join us?' One of them shouted at me. I looked at him in confusion and walked towards them. 'Do you've got a drink or something?' I asked, raising an eyebrow.

The boy laughed and raised his bottle of Firewhisky. Where did he even get that? 'Whatever you like!'