Knife Games

*Alexs POV*

I was in a cage again... but this time I wasn't above ground sitting in camp with the lost boys. No, now I was sitting in a cage underground. Judging by the multiple roots in the walls I would guess we were under a tree.

How long have I been in this cage? At least a week and even though this cage wasn't comfortable, I at least was learning new things everyday about these boys and Peter. To make sure I wasn't going to escape again, Peter posted two lost boys to be always watching my cage. The two lost boys would switch around a lot so I was never ever with the same two lost boys.

Since I was always bored sitting in my cage for hours on end and only having Peter Pan to visit me to see if he was going to get any information on my book, which I of course gave him no news, I would end up talking with the lost boys guarding my cage. Some were not so bad, and then there were those who were to full of themselves and would think that I was a harmless girl so I wouldn't get that much information from them.

A few things I learned from sitting in my cage, was that I wasn't the only prisoner here. In fact, I don't think I was the only girl here either. Sometimes at night I would hear echoes of a girl crying down in this mud pit, well that's what I thought it was. For all I know it could have been a sissy lost boy but I doubted it.

It was midmorning on my tenth day here in this prison when things started to get interesting again. I was hanging out in my cage day dreaming about finding a way out of here while playing with a small stick in my hands. Should I dislodge the cage and then knock the lost boys out? Or should I knock out the lost boys first then get myself out of here? I thought. What if Pan shows up? I thought looking down at the stick in my hands that I was twirling around. Then you kill him a small voice answered in my head. Yeah no duh, but how? I asked in my head.

I always had internal battles in my head. I always imagined one side being the little devil and the other side being a cute little angel.

Knife!

I don't have a Knife.

Arrows! Bow and Arrow!

Oh shut up you stupid devil I have no weapons with me! I thought to myself. The little voice in my head went quiet. Good, now I could think again without getting myself another headache.

This is Neverland, if you truly believe, then you can make anything form in front of you. A different voice muttered in my head.

I looked down at the stick in my hands. Is that true? I wondered. I mean everything else I read in the book before I passed out so far has been true.

Tinkerbelle is a good fairy, check.

You stay forever young here, check.

Giant squid ink that can paralyze you, double check.

My head was starting to repeat sections of the book to me over and over again.

Thinking tree.... What the hell is that?

Dreamshade is poison.. good to know.

Truly believe then you can make anything possible..

I closed my eyes and held on to the stick imagining it to form an arrow. One long, smooth arrow with three white feathers at the bottom and one sharp point at the top. My other hand started to trace the outline of the stick but instead of feeling bent wood, my fingers felt a sharp pain. I opened my eyes and dropped the stick. When I looked down, instead of finding a stick lying on the ground, I found a perfect arrow with a bit of blood on the point. I looked at my finger and found where the arrow head scraped my finger.