Chapter 4. Phase 1 of the Triangle

Annie's POV

"How was your day?" Sydney asked as we buckled up in her car.

"Fine." Luke and I said in unison.

Sydney laughed. "Wanna head over to the smoothie place down the street?"

"As long as you don't get into another fight there." Luke said from the back.

Sydney rolled her eyes. "Shut up, Mr. Smartypants."

Luke made a face at her.

"Annie, you want smoothies?" Syd asked. "I would've asked you a minute ago but Luke rudely interrupted me."

Luke made another face at her as I nodded. "Sure, smoothies are great."

"Awesome! They also sell some food there. They're nachos are to die for." Sydney gushed as she left the school campus and onto the main road.

We drove for a couple minutes until we pulled up into a plaza a block down the road with some mini shops and food places.

When we got inside, Sydney said, "Can you two go find a table? I'm gonna order."

We nodded and told her what we wanted before finding a table and sitting down.

There was a couple moments of awkward silence between us before Luke said, "So, did you tryout for the cheer squad like Syd?"

I shook my head. "I didn't know she tried out. I guess that's why I didn't see her during gymnastics tryouts. Why'd she chose cheer over gym?"

"She did a bit of cheerleading when she was little, and she wanted to try it again." Luke explained.

I nodded. I was a bit disappointed she didn't join the gymnastics team, because I know the cheerleaders and gymnasts are kinda like rivals.

Luke must've noticed I was disappointed because he held my hand. "You okay?"

I nodded again. "I'm fine." And I gently pulled my hand back.

"I'm back!" Sydney exclaimed as she placed three smoothies, three plates of nachos, and a bunch of napkins on the table.

I took a nacho and were surprised at how good they were.

"It's like heaven in a nacho, right?" Sydney asked as she sat next to me.

I nodded as I ate another one. "They're fantastic!"

After we all finished our smoothies and heavenly flavored nachos, we did some homework together and chatted.

Before I knew it, time had flown by.y kept buzzing continuously, so I excused myself and headed outside to see a bunch of texts and calls from Caleb.

I groaned and dialed his number.

"Annie? Where the heck are you?" Caleb asked.

"I told you, I'm with Sydney and Luke at the smoothie place near school."

"Well, Brennan and Katie have been asking for you because they're leaving soon." Caleb said.

I looked at the time and groaned. "Ugh, I completely lost track of time! I'll ask Syd to drive me home now."

"Okay. See you soon."

"Bye." I hung up and headed back inside.

I told Syd and Luke I had to go home, so we all headed back to the car and headed to my place.