Chapter 13. A Balcony Visit

Annie's POV

I sat on my bed staring straight at the wall; I've been doing this a lot to be honest.

"Annie?" I heard Mom open the door. "I'm heading to the mall with Hayley and Caleb and Katie and Ryan. Want to join us?"

I shrugged. "Sure I guess."

"Maybe Brennan can come along." Mom suggested.

I shrugged again.

"Okay. We leave in ten to Katie's house, so get ready." Mom said before closing the door.

I got up and quickly changed into a gymnastics shirt and shorts (since I was going to the gym later anyway). Then I tied my hair into a bun and did some light makeup before slipping on my shoes and heading downstairs.

"Can I drive?" Caleb offered.

"Sure. I could use a small break from driving." Mom said as Caleb got into the driver's seat.

Mom sat next to him and I sat in the middle with Hayley.

Once we arrived at Katie's house, Mom moved to the middle row with me as Hayley and Ryan sat in the back together.

"Brennan didn't come?" Mom asked Katie.

Katie shook her head. "Water polo."

At least he had a legitimate excuse, I thought.

To be honest I was kind of glad he didn't come; ever since Thanksgiving a couple weeks ago, he's been trying to win me back, but I don't want to break Luke's heart, although I sort of miss being with Brennan.

When we arrived at the mall, Hayley and Ryan went off on their own and Mom went her own way, which meant I was stuck with the love birds; yippee.

"Hey, it's almost your fifteenth birthday!" Katie exclaimed as we were walking towards Pink. "You and Caleb will be almost the same age for a few months! How crazy!"

I nodded. "Yeah. I guess I won't be his little sister for long, huh?"

Caleb rolled his eyes. "You wish."

I stuck my tongue out at him, and he did the same.

"Okay you immature siblings, let's get inside the store, shall we?" Katie laughed as she dragged me inside.

"I'll be at Hollister!" Caleb shouted as he headed across from Pink.

Katie and I shopped around for some cute clothes for school and whatnot. Once we paid for our clothes, we went across into Hollister and found Caleb looking at shirts and jeans.

"The jeans are on sale! Yes!" He shouted as Katie and I laughed and shopped for jeans ourselves.

We went to a couple other clothing stores together before going into Hot Topic and shopping around.

"Let's get some Panic! At The Disco stuff!" I exclaimed.

Katie and I were big fans of P!ATD and Stranger Things, so we kind of went on a shopping spree...

"You girls." Caleb rolled his eyes as we left the store.

"Boy, look at your bags!" Katie said as she pointed to Caleb's two Hot Topic bags.