Chapter Eleven- Hidden Behind Lies

I woke to Cameron's light snoring. It was incredibly adorable. I lay only inches away from his senseless body. Crawling out of the bed, I walked into the washroom. 

I stood in front of a mirror staring at my self. I didn't look any different. You couldn’t tell by looking at me, that I had already gotten my first kiss. 

It all felt as if it were a dream. It felt as if it had happened in my imagination while my futile body lay asleep. The only evidence of our kiss is our soaked and wrinkled clothing trashed on the floor of our room.

I slipped into the shower daydreaming about our lips pressed against each other. Our hands intertwined as we kiss. His hot breathe on me as I breathed in his luscious smell.

A mixture of hot and cold water overwhelms my body as I soak in the fresh water. I close my eyes as dream of last night’s events. Pulling my unwilling self out of the shower I slip on a white summer dress and sandals. I pull my puffy black hair into a messy bun and walk out of the washroom.

 I found Cameron staring at the television wearing a pair of jeans and a white shirt. Finally noticing my existence he calls me over.

 “Come See this!” He exclaims. I nod walking over to him. I look at the television to see an older clipping of “La Tomatina” festival.

 I heard about the festival many times. It took place on the last Wednesday of July. Which, just so happens to be today. The festival consists of many people throwing tomatoes around purely for enjoyment.

 The time was merely nine O’clock, which gave us an hour before the festival starts. We all had decided to wear white clothing so the impact of the tomatoes would be more noticeable. It would give us a memory to hold on to.

 I turned off the television and grabbed my bag dragging Cameron out the door. Rose had strictly told us to meet her and Landon in the lobby at nine fifteen. She hated when people were late. Even though she herself wasn’t very punctual she hated to wait for others. This I had learnt when I decided to spent an awful lot of time in the dressing room.

 We silently waited in the elevator with an elderly couple. You could see the lady scowling at us when Cameron grabbed my hand. The elevator dinged and I let the slow paced couple leave first. After they finally exited the elevator I grabbed Cameron and rushed to the front entrance of the lobby. Thankfully Rose and Landon had not yet arrived.

 Taking a deep breath, I leaned against Cameron’s back for support.

 “Your early!” Rose said shocked at our punctuality. I gave her a proud smile, which later turned into a deep frown once I spotted Landon. I groaned before turning away from the boy. Rose rolled her eyes at my action while Cameron ignored his former best friend.

 “Can we just go” Landon said with an impolite tone. We all nodded before hailing a taxi. We told the driver to stop at the coffee shop where Rose and I went and bought all of us some caffeine to brighten up our lives.

 “Are we there yet?” Cameron groaned like a young child. I nudged in him in the stomach for the fifth time to get him to shut up. He groaned again as I heard Landon laugh. I smiled before the Taxi came to stop.

 “Right on time!” Rose chipped paying the driver. We had exactly ten minutes to find a not-so-crowded-spot to claim. We rushed through the crowd looking for a spot. Cameron and Landon carried buckets of tomatoes while Rose and I instructed them on where to place them.

 I checked my watched. In 5,4,3,2-

 “Not fair!” I squealed as Cameron squashed a few tomatoes on my head. It wasn’t even time yet. Finally my watch beeped and I got into action. I started chucking tomatoes everywhere like a mad man. Before I could throw anymore someone grabbed my hands and someone else grabbed my feet. I screamed as the two people who I now realized were Cameron and Landon threw me into the floor. I fell with a yelp as I landed in the mushy tomatoes.