Chapter 27

KIMBERLEY'S POV

It felt great to be snuggled back up to Cheryl again. And laying under the stars was just beautiful. The love of my life was attached to me. But this sand was really up my shorts. It was itchy. But otherwise I was fine. Cheryl was talking up a storm about the stars and the moon and all that space crap. I was just stroking her face happy to have her right here. I dove my nose in her hair smelling the strawberry scented hair. Ugh. I wanted to Hoover over her and take over her body. But she said I was banned after all the fun we had a little after we made up. I couldn't help her I deeply missed her. This was not the only way I knew how to express it but it was the most entertaining way.

"KIMBERLEY" I was shook out of my trance.

"Yeah" I looked over in her eyes trying to put in my best smile.

"What did I say?" Cheryl blinked twice with her lips all scrunched up.

"That stars come out at night. And the sun is a star." I grinned.

"No I didn't " She pinched my side until I couldn't scream anymore.

"Alright I get it. I get it" I said through the pain.

"Well listen to me next time" Cheryl stood up all the sand falling out her cheeks.

"Sandy Cheeks. Get it?" I laughed standing up too with sand falling out my shorts too.

"What about you?" She laughed uncontrollably.

"Don't mind me" I dusted myself off.

"Come on let's go. We got planning to do" She grabbed my hand and we walked back to our house which was only a five minute walk away from the beach. I held her hand the whole way there. She walked in first and flicked off the lights. Then put her hands over my eyes.

"Are you serious babe?" I could feel my eyelashes rub against her soft palms.

"Why wouldn't I be?" She snickered. She led me into the house stumbling over everything.

"How is it that you can see but you stumble over everything?"

"Kimba shut the hell up" She laughed.

"Whatever" We stumbled over more things but I stayed quiet.

"Alright. Open them" She removed her hands and I looked at a living room filled with boxes I guess that were presents. There were five of them. But to her credit they were very pretty.

"Cheryl what's this fo-" She pulled me to her and kissed me so softly that it tingled after we pulled apart.

"It's your birthday" She pulled me over to the couch.

I looked at her confused. "No it's not" I shook my head smiling.

"Yeah it is" Cheryl pulled her phone out her pocket to show me the date.

"November 20th" I read it out loud like an idiot.

"Wow what the hell is wrong with you?" Cheryl pulled on my arm.

I had been so caught up in coming Back here to find Cheryl, I totally forgot my own birthday. "Wow" All I could say.

"It's fine babe. I'm glad to be the only thing on your mind" She pulled my face to look at her. Then she put the first box on my lap. It was real small. And when I shook it there wasn't much to hear. I looked at her and she was giddy. I opened it.

"Keys?" I started laughing genuinely confused.

"To your new car babe" She laughed at my face that turned from confused to shock to excited.