Chapter 4

KIMBERLEY'S POV

Why did I not close the curtains last night? I was not the morning person in this group. AT ALL. The sunlight shone brightest in this room and I had the nerve to pick out a glass coffee table that allows the light to bounce off it making the whole room extremely hurtful to the eyes. Ugh. I wonder how Cheryl was? I could no longer feel her on my chest. I sat up and looked around. She was on the floor. I must have forgotten that I sleep wild. I must kicked her off the couch on to the floor.

I got up off the couch and I kneeled down to see if she was asleep. I put my face inches away from hers only to discover she wasn't asleep. She opened her big chocolate brown eyes and jumped a bit. "Thanks for kicking me off the couch" she said while scratching her head and showing the weakest smile. She was trying not to be upset but it wasn't it working. She was gonna be giving those weak smiles for awhile. Her journey of hurt had just begun.

"Come on Kimba let's grab a bite. It's only nine anyways" she said as she got up off the floor.

"You sure you ready to leave out so soon. Maybe your not ready to leave just y-"

"Kimberley look at me" I looked at her as she had wished.She stared me in my eyes and said : "I'm ready to go grab a bite. I'm not afraid to face anything coming me way. Now let's go and grab a bite. Go shower." She broke the gaze and walked upstairs to shower.And I walked to the bathroom that was downstairs by the laundry room to shower. I came out quicker than she did and I sat on the couch and waited for her. I was already dressed. I knew she liked to take long showers so I had spare time. I started coloring in one of my niece's coloring books. I colored a picture of cat playing with some yarn. After five minutes, I got thirsty. I went in the kitchen and poured me a glass of water. I stood there drinking it and she had came downstairs.

"Here you go" she dropped my keys into my hand. She had threw on some of my spare trackies and put her hair in a ponytail.We walked down the hallway to the garage. I opened the garage door while she got in. I hopped in and turned on the car. We left out and only turned the corner when the paps arrived.

"Fcuking paps! What do you fcuking want? I have nothing to give you. I know as much as you do. Cheryl screamed this while rolling down the window. Then she rolled it back up and put on some sunglasses. "Ugh Kimberley. "It's just the beginning" She pulled down her sunglasses to look at me for a split second then pushed them back on her face. I could hear her sniffle and she began to cry again. It was so sad to see something so precious hurt. I out my hand in her thigh to showed that i cared. It felt like Ashley had hurt my own child.

We pulled into a parking lot of a small diner. It was about thirty minutes away from my house. This was somewhere where me and Justin went to escape away from the fame. They had the best pancakes. And they usually cheered me up. I hoped they would do the same for her.

We walked in and were immediately seated by this this waitress who had a pretty smile. I guess she saw Cheryl in shambles and tried her best to get a smile on her face. Cheryl smiled weakly at her. The waitress tried her best to cheer Cheryl up even by offering her a round of pancakes on the house but Cheryl shot her down and the waitress gave up with her head down in shame. She left our menus and left us so we could decide.

"Ooooo Cheryl they have your favorite: strawberry pancakes."

"Great" she said lacking her usual enthusiasm. She was beginning to lose herself. She wasn't even happy about her favorite food anymore. It's really hard trying to break through to her. She wouldn't even put on a smile. She wouldn't even flash her dimples. What had Ashley done? This woman did not deserve this pain.

The waitress came back and took our orders. She was having the strawberry pancakes and I was having regular plain pancakes. She went away and me and Cheryl sat in silence. It was killing me. She just stared out the window watching cars go by. I wish she would talk to me. At least yell at me. Give me a reaction. I said I wasn't gonna force her to talk but I couldn't take it anymore.