II. Punk'd Isn't Funny

Picture of Dylan on the side! Ryan Guzman from PLLs! :)

II. Punk'd Isn't Funny

“Aunt Tessa!”

“Abigail!”

I squealed as my aunt pulled me in to a bear hug. She wasn’t the small elderly aunts that you imagine, but she was young, around her mid 30s and lively as ever. She was pretty cool.

“You excited for the best summer vacation of your life?”

“Yes!” I shouted in delight.

We drove back to her home from the airport and parked in a spot neatly in front of the house, something that’s rarely accomplished in the city.

“Nice parking spot,” I complimented.

“You must be my lucky charm,” Aunt Tessa insisted, “I don’t usually get this spot on a weekday. But you’re here and I got it. Let’s take your stuff upstairs, shall we?”

We both hauled a suitcase each upstairs to my room. I noticed that there were a good amount of shoes in the entryway, but I decided to ignore it for now.

“How do you like your room?” Aunt Tessa asked me. I looked around. Pink. Everything was pink. Pink walls, pink bed frame, pink sheets. Pink.

“I love it,” I exclaimed.

“I knew it!” Aunt Tessa squealed. I was more like my Aunt that my mom. Weird, I know. My mom hates the color pink and refused to let me paint my walls pink. She insisted on the usual beige cream color for all the walls of the house. Boring. I came over the Philadelphia often so Aunt Tessa had a room especially for me.

She lived in a two story row home. There was one bathroom on the second floor and a small kitchen on the first floor. The living room was average sized and had a couch and a flat screen TV. There were four bed rooms on the second floor. My Aunt lived alone so she only occupied one. One of the bedrooms was painted pink – mines. The other two were the regular chestnut colors that we have back home in Massachusetts.

We went back downstairs to sit in the living room. I noticed there was a pile of newspapers on the coffee table.

“Aunt Tessa?” I asked and she looked up. “You read newspapers? Like legit newspapers?” Aunt Tessa HATED reading newspapers. She hated the smell of it and hated the texture of the paper. She liked e-readers though and liked to read news online on the New York Times website.

“Oh those? Those are Elaine’s.”

“Who?”

“Oh my goodness! Elaine is my roommate. You’ll meet her soon.”

“Oh,” I said flatly. I found it slightly awkward that I was going to spend my time with a stranger too. My face unconsciously shifted into a worried expression.

“Wipe that frown off your face, Abigail.” I pretended to wipe something off my face and smiled sheepishly. “She’s not that bad. She pays me rent every month. She’s around my age and has a nephew your age that’s coming over. Maybe you guys could be friends.”

“A guy?”

“Yes,” she stated before looking at me with a devilish grin. “Now I don’t want you sexing him up-”

“AUNT TESSA!”

“I kid. I kid. Geez. Your sense of humor is like your mom’s…” she complained.

“Oh my gosh. I’m turning into my mom.” I put my face into my cupped hands and pretended to sob comically.

“It’s fine, honey. I forgive you. You’ll be exactly like your mother one day. It’s your destiny, child.”