VI. Barbie and Polly Pocket

“Come out already, Abby!” Dylan shouted from the other side of the door. “You’ve been in there long enough. You can’t hide from me!”

I was currently stationed in the bathroom of my aunt’s beach house. We arrived about an hour ago and Dylan insisted we go swimming. What’s the problem, then? Well, I’m kind of embarrassed to step out and expose myself to Dylan. I mean, not so long ago, he was my arch nemesis, my bully. I can’t just flash him with my bare skin and act like everything’s fine. Plus, we even kissed. I’m full of contradictions, aren’t I? Dylan Rivers and I kissed. My arch nemesis and I kissed. What is the meaning of life?

“Come on! Let’s go, already!” Dylan shouted while banging on the wooden bathroom door. “If you don’t come out, I’m leaving with you.”

I continued standing on the tiled bathroom floor analyzing myself in the mirror. Like I said before, I’m not fat. Quite the complete opposite, actually. Does that make me self confident? Hell, no. I may look better than some people, but there’s still those few on earth that are blessed with the pleasure of having perfect everything. Take Troian Bellisario, for example. She’s gorgeous. And Shay Mitchell, Ashley Benson, Vanessa Hudgens, Ashley Tisdale, Miley Cyrus- Okay maybe not that last one. But still, she looked better than me in her Hannah Montana days.

Anyways, I’m not exactly fat and I’m not skinny either. I have some fat on my stomach that I’m not so proud of, but hey- we need fat to survive. There’s also a slight outline of my abdominal muscles. Sadly, they’re hidden underneath the layer of fat I have on my stomach. My thighs aren’t huge but average sized. I think I like them the best. My legs and arms however, are somewhat shorter than average as I am a munchkin. I felt smaller and smaller as I looked myself over in my pink polka dotted bikini. And especially since it was summer vacation in Atlantic City, there was sure to be some supermodel looking people on the beach just waiting to judge me.

“Okay, I’m leaving. Bye, Abby! Have fun looking at yourself in the mirror!” Dylan shouted. His voice was muffled and less intense than before. Was he really leaving me at home? I heard a door slam shut and I jumped. He really left me! I started gathering my belongings that lie sprawled on the bathroom floor and stuffed them into one of my bags.

“Dylan! Don’t leave me- oof!” I collided with a hard surface. An arm snakes around my waist and pulls me back up almost successfully. Except, I kind of freak out and push the person away, falling back down again face first onto the hard, warm floor. Wait, warm?

“Okay, so you’re not as heavy as I thought,” the voice said. I opened my eyes.

“Dylan! I thought you left!” I admitted whilst laying on top of Dylan’s body.

“I was just joking. Did you really think I’d leave you here?” Yes, I thought. “You did, didn’t you?” I giggled and he smacked my butt.

“Hey!” I shouted. “Don’t touch that!”

“What? This?” he asked while pinching one side of my rear end.

“OW!” I shouted while smacking him in the chest. It was now that I realized that he was shirtless and on the floor, with me laying on top of him. I flushed a bright pink and I tried to roll myself off of him but failed due to the arms tightening grasp.

“Where do you think you’re going, missy? Back to the bathroom?”

“Maybe,” I muttered.

“Well don’t. You look fine, Abby,” he states. I looked up at him with wide, disbelieving eyes. “Well… I can’t really see your swimsuit from this angle but…” He looked away, flushed cheeks as well. I glance down at my swimsuit to realize it’s completely hidden between Dylan’s chiseled chest and my chest, full cleavage out and in the open.