XX: Dresses and Frozen Yogurt

Picture on the side is of the dress she picks out later on! Dedicated to littlebooknerd for always voting and supporting! 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Why do I have to come with?” Dylan whined from beside me.

“Because you asked me to prom?” I suggested. It was the weekend before prom and I have still yet to buy my dress and shoes.

“But aren’t you supposed to do this with your friends and I’ll pick a matching tie or something?”

“Gabriel has a wrestling match and I want you to do this with me,” I explained. “Plus, you could give me an opinion on the dresses I pick.”

“You were going to do this with Gabriel?” Dylan asked disbelievingly.

“He’s my friend, remember?” I replied with one eye brow raised. “Am I not allowed to go dress shopping with Gabriel?”

“Well he’s a guy-”

“And you are too.”

“Right. But I’m your boyfriend.” I suppressed a giggle and opted to smile instead.

“Are you jealous?” I teased.

“What? No!”

“You’re jealous of my best friend.”

“No!”

“You so are.” I enjoyed teasing him because he was clearly jealous. “Admiiiiiiit it.”

“Okay fine.” I fist pumped in success. “Let’s go buy some dresses.” I released my hand from his and hooked my arm with his.

“Blue? Or Pink?”

“Neither,” Dylan replied casually. “Wear something white.”

“White? It’s prom!”

“You look good in white! Why can’t you just wear that dress from that last dance!” he suggested.

“You can’t just re-wear dresses. ESPECIALLY for prom.”

“Who know you were such a girl?”

“Well I do have two x chromosomes,” I explained. “I’m not wearing the same dress.” Dylan poked through a rack and pulled something out.

“This one.” I examined the dress he held up. It was white like he said, with a tint of pink so that it wasn’t too boring. There were sparkly accents on the dress that made it fancy enough for prom.

“I love it,” I said. I took the dress in my hands and examined the fabric. It was soft and comfortable. “It’s perfect.”

“Go try it on!!!” Dylan insisted.

“Wow…”

“Does it … look okay?” I asked him feeling more self conscious that usual.

“Wow…”

“Nice vocabulary.” I regained some of my sarcasm and smirked at him.

“Get it,” he said simply. “How much is it?”

I forgot to check the price before buying, I looked at the tag. “…$180…”

“Oh,” he said. “Do you have enough?”

“My parents gave me $150 for my dress AND shoes…” I put the dress back on the rack and started looking at other, cheaper dresses.

“Wait, wait, wait,” Dylan said while pulling the dress back off the rack. “You’re getting this.”