XVI: Balls

Sasha Pieterse as Madison on the right! 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Upon arriving home, I logged on facebook. 5 new notifications.

Gabriel Santiago: Good luck to ma boo on her date with DYLAN RIVERS ♥♥

Gabriel Santiago: The hearts were for you, not Dylan. Just saying.

I laughed to myself at his silly remarks and typed a brief thank you to him before checking out the other notifications.

You were tagged in Dylan Rivers’ Photo.

I clicked to see the image and it was, indeed, the image I professionally photographed. The other notifications were of comments and likes on the picture.

Gabriel Santiago: THAT’S MY BEST FRIEND. (2 likes)

Maggie Samuels: She did NOT just do that. #shesgoingtoregretthat (15 likes)

Dylan Rivers: Leave her alone, Maggie.

Maggie Samuels: Who said I’d bother her?

I closed the laptop as soon as I finished reading the last comment and decided to text Gabriel to tell him I’ll tell him the details on Monday. Being the guy that he is, he didn’t care much about me. Which is a good thing, by the way. If he were a girl, he’d probably knock down my door and demand me to spill the details immediately. He couldn’t care less and could wait until Monday.

“Oh my god,” Gabriel said, mouth agape. I had just told him everything that had to do with me and Dylan: the bullying, our summer together, the sharks, the date last weekend, everything.

“Yep,” I said simply.

“I really don’t know how to respond,” he said. “But from what I’ve heard, it seems like you still like him…?”

“I don’t know, honestly,” I said.

“Okay. Serious matters aside, you are a boss.”

“What?”

“The ice cream? You are a boss, my friend.” I giggled at how quickly he changed the subject. Riiiiiiing. “It is time for us to part, dear maiden. Your physical education awaits you.” I laughed even harder and bid him farewell.

The teacher blew his whistle. That seemed to be a gym teacher thing to do. What is with them and whistles? I’m sure they could get our attention in other ways such as using their voice. I guess that would just make them a teacher, though.

“Okay! I want everyone with the first names beginning with ‘A’ through ‘L’ to get on this side. All the others on the other side!” he directed us. I stepped onto the allotted side and Dylan came to stand next to me.

“I guess we’re teammates,” he said. I gave him a small sarcastic smile before rolling my eyes and looking away.

“Dodge ball today. You know the rules. Round one starts when I blow the whistle,” the teacher explained. He started placing balls on the line that separated the gym. The balls were supposedly foam balls that didn’t hurt. Bullcrap. A bunch of it. Being the experienced person that I am, I know that they can hurt A LOT depending on how they’re thrown. It’s a ball of lies.

From across me, I noticed Maggie placing herself directly across from me. Great, I thought. She sent me a coy smile and I sent a similar one back at her. The thought of her Facebook comment appeared in my head. I shook the thought away, thinking she wouldn’t be as low as to assault me in the middle of a gym class.