¤11¤

"Oh my god." Simon covered up his mouth. Adele saw tears forming in his eyes which made tears form in hers.

"You're gonna be a father, babe." she smiled and he placed his hand on her stomach.

"I can't believe it."

"I'm so happy you are happy about it. I thought you were going to be upset." she confessed.

"I am over the moon and very excited to see our precious baby." He smiled.

Adele's happiness quickly faded when she realized something.

"Alex."

"What about him?" Simon furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"I know he wasn't making sense but what if he's right? What if there's going to be something wrong with our baby?"

He put his hand on her cheek and caressed it, "Babe, don't listen to him. He's trying to make you crazy."

"I hope you're right." she cuddled with him in bed.

As soon as Adele fell asleep Simon took one last look at her and it melted his heart. She had her hand on her stomach protecting the baby.

"You're gonna be the greatest mother, babygirl." Simon whispered and kissed her on the forehead.

                                          ¤

After a few days Simon decided to call Penny. He was going to prove to Adele that her parents weren't dead, because he knew that was still bothering her.

"hello?" she answered.

"hi Ms. Adkins. Someone told your daughter that you and her father were dead and she freaked out. I just decided to call you because I knew you weren't."

"Who told her?"

"We don't know. She was going to find out where her dad was, and they called her later on. They said you and him got in a car accident and died." he explained to his mother-in-law.

She scoffed, "Well, obviously not."

"Exactly. Why would they lie?"

"It was probably a scam. Is Adele okay?" she asked, worried.

"Yeah, but she's sleeping. She didn't really want to talk to you because she was mad, b-"

Penny interrupted, "Why was she mad?"

"She can tell you I don't want to say anything about how she feels towards you. She needs to say those things herself."

"Okay."

Simon took a deep breath, "We have some big news though."

"Simon who are you talking to?" Adele whispered groggily, as she wiped her tired eyes.

He mouthed, "Your mum."

"She's alive?!" Adele almost screamed.

Penny gasped, "Woah, was that Adele?

"That's your daughter for you." he chuckled.

She laughed, "Yeah, so what's the news?"

"Adele and I are h-"

"Don't you dare tell her." Adele whisper-yelled, narrowing her eyes at him.

He sighed, "Looks like she doesn't want me to tell you right now."

"Tell her she needs to stop being mad at me. I'm her mother."

At that moment Adele realized something, and immediately grabbed the phone from Simon.