wanna party?

*just to clear things up 'this means thinking in her mind' "this means speaking" k thanks*

Coley's phone screen lit up and she glanced over to see who was calling: it was Sonya. Her heart missed a beat and Coley scolded herself. 'I really have to sort my shit out, I can't keep thinking like this... Sonya is my best friend and she'll never be anything more, just be happy she's your friend at all.'

Coley never understood why Sonya - the most popular (and breathtakingly beautiful) girl in college - chose to be friends with her, but she didn't question it. She was brought back from her thoughts by the phone still ringing.

She took the call "Hey Coles~" Sonya sang down the phone, "wanna come over? I'm getting ready for a party later, it'll be fun!"

Coley could imagine her absentmindedly twisting her hair around her fingers,

"Sure, I'll be there in five."

"Okay babe, see you."

Coley hated her for saying that. Babe. She knew it was only friendly talk that came naturally to Sonya but it made her cringe because she wanted it to mean more- she stopped herself 'it's never gonna happen. Get a freaking grip of your life, gurrrl' although she wondered sometimes. The way her friend looked at her like she was searching for something in her eyes.

She took her bike out and rode over to Sonya's, pushing these thoughts from her mind - she was gonna see her best friend!

She threw her bike down and knocked on the door of Sonya's house, her parents were pretty much never there always on business trips or something so she had the house to herself to do anything she wanted (within reason).