February 28

Andy's POV

I walked in Dad's room and sat on the bed. He was still asleep and it was two in the morning. I couldn't sleep so I watched Dad. I sound like a creep.
Dad turned to his other side.
I decided to wake him up.
"Dad." I shook him a little bit then he turned to me.
"What?" He asked.
"I can't sleep."
"Why?"
"I don't know."
"Are you tired?"
"No."
"That's why."
"Dad, I wanna talk." He sat up and looked at me with sleepy eyes.
"You can go back to sleep," I said. I started getting off the bed but Dad stopped me.
"Talk. And if I fall asleep you can slap me," he said. I sat back on the bed then I said,
"Remember Donnie?"
"Yeah."
"So I really like him but I don't know if he likes me. He said he likes someone but wouldn't tell me who. And the feelings I have for him grow more everyday."
"Why don't you ask him out?"
"I'm scared."
"Take a change. You'll never know if you don't try." I sighed and nodded.
"I know it's hard. But you have to try."
"Can I sleep with you?"
"Yeah." I got under the cover with Dad and cuddled into him. He's just so soft and all I could hear was his heartbeat. And trust and believe. I fell asleep like that.

Feb 28 7:17 am

QueenB'sSon: I'm not going to school. I'm sick.
ValcanoVolcano: u know if one of ur parents hurt u u can tell me and I'll get it, right?
QueenB'sSon: yeah. But I'm really am sick. U can ask Darren.
ValcanoVolcano: okay. Hope u feel better.
QueenB'sSon: thxs.

Andy's POV

I put my phone up while walking into school after I read that text. I was gonna ask him out. I built up my self esteem and it just went down. A lot.
"Sup, fag?" James asked.
"James. I'm tired of your bullshit. Leave me the hell alone. What the fuck did I do to you to deserve this?" I asked. I'm just tired. I'm ready to leave this place already. James was still quiet.
"Exactly. I did nothing to you. So, leave me the hell alone." I'm starting to notice that I have a better mood when Donnie's around me. See the effect he has on me. I walked into class and sat down in my seat. I avoided James and them. For now.

It's now lunch. I have avoided James all day.
"What's up, fag?" I spoke too soon.
"What?" I asked. One of them pulled my hair to make me look at them.
"Is that chicken? You know that's my favorite," James said.
"Okay and?" He took the chicken off my plate and took a bite.
"What the hell? That was my chicken," I said.
"I know. It's mine now."
"You're paying to get me another piece of chicken."
"And who the hell said that?"
"Me. I fucking paid for that."
"Well, go pay for another one."
"No. I didn't eat it. Your fucking dumbass did." He punched me in the nose. I think I started bleeding.
"If you call me a dumbass again you're a fucking deadman." I looked him in the eyes and said,
"Dumbass." He pulled me by my hair up and to the back of the school. They punched me and kicked me until I was coughing up blood then, when the bell rang, they left. I sat with my back against the wall, coughing up blood. My head was down.
"Andy Valcano, please come to the front office with all your belongings. Andy Valcano," Mr. Watson said over the intercom. I wouldn't move. I couldn't move. I was in too much pain. I got my phone out of my jacket pocket and video called Darren on Kik.
"Where is you?" He asked.
"Back of the school," I said softly.
"Wha?"
"Back of the school," I said louder. It made my throat hurt. I coughed again and blood flew on my phone screen.
"Want me to come get you?" He asked. I nodded then he hung up. I turned my phone off and put it back in my pocket.
"Andy?" Darren asked. I attempted to look at him but didn't secede. I saw him kneeled in front of me and he said,
"Are you alright?" I shrugged, not knowing the answer.
"Okay. Let's get you up." He pulled me by my arms and let me lean on him.
"Try to walk as best you can." I nodded again and walked with him to the office.
"Andy," Dad said.
"I need to clean him up," Darren said.

After Darren and Dad cleaned me up and examined me, I left with Dad.
"Dad, I'm tired," I told him.
"You can go to sleep when we get home. I was gonna take you to see your cousin but that'll have to be another time."
"Okay. Which cousin?"
"Katie."
"I like Katie."
"I know. I was thinking she could cheer you up but she leaving tonight."
"Oh."