Feburuary 19 (filler chapter)

Andy's POV

I'm started to wonder why James cheated on me. I look at myself in the mirror and saw what everybody else saw. I have acne all over my face and I'm fat. I can't believe I've never seen this before.
"Andy," Dad said. A tear was threatening to fall.
"Yes, Dad?" I asked.
"What are you thinking?" I let the tear fall down my cheek. Dad appeared in the mirror behind me.
"Dad. Am I ugly?" I asked.
"No."
"Are you just saying that?"
"No. Andy, you're beautiful. Pretty. Handsome. Cute. I mean look at these chubby cheeks." He pinched my cheeks and moved my head around. I smiled.
"I know the reason why you think you're ugly."
"Why? Cuz I don't know."
"You weren't smiling. Kirk Franklin. You're prettier when you smile." Another tear ran down my face. My dad actually loves me. I turn around and hug him, which he returned.
"Dad, I love you," I said.
"Love you, too." I cried into his shoulder. I've never felt love come towards me. James never made me feel like this. Maybe James and I didn't love each other. We just thought we did.
"Dad, what does love feel like?" I asked.
"Love. It feels like being cared for. When you feel love every time you're around the person your heart wells in your throat. And if you feel someone loves you the same thing happens."
"Dad, did you feel that way when you met Mom?"
"Yeah. But now, not so much. She turned cold."
"What do you mean?"
"I try to talk to her and she just make a smart remark and give me the cold shoulder. She treats me like a child-"
"Dad, we talked about that in class one day. It's emotional abuse. Does she tells you what to do and use sarcasm to degrade you and make fun of you at work?"
"Yeah."
"That's emotional abuse. Dad, do you still love Mom?"
"Not really."
"The why are y'all still married?"
"For you."
"Dad, I barely see y'all. It ain't gonna affect me much."
"I guess you're right."
"Dad, doesn't Mom get home later than you?"
"Yeah. Damn. What are you saying?"
"You know what I'm saying. Do I have to say it out loud?"
"No. I'll talk to her later."