Episode 16

[Forward to the day that Woohyun was supposed to meet up with Song AhYeon as her date for the night.]

Woohyun

I waited outside standing with my phone in my hand. She should be done at this moment. No matter how many times that I don't wanna believe it, I still agreed to be Song AhYeon's partner for the night. Thinking back on it, why did I even agreed to it?? I hope that the others don't show up and I will be safe. I will surely be beaten up by the others for bringing Dongwoo hyung's crush along. I saw someone wearing quite a revealing dress coming out of her house and walked to where I am with her diamond heels.

"Woohyun ssi, Mianhae!! You must be shivering cold to be waiting for me in this weather. I should have come down earlier." She said her apologies the second she opens her mouth.

"It's okay... Just get in now." I said, opening the car door for her to enter.

"Ne, Woohyun ssi." She said getting into the car. I sighed and got into the car too. I arrived at the hotel that she told me about 40 minutes later. The traffic definitely delayed the whole journey by around 20 minutes. I got out of the car and opened the door for her. She came out of the car with a heating pad in her hands. It must be so cold wearing only that.

Why the girls have to wear that revealing to appeal to the guys?? I then looked around at all the people that arrived around the same time as us. All the ladies wore something similar to what Song AhYeon is wearing, sleeveless long dress with a slit at the legs.

"Woohyun ssi, what are you doing??" She said walking in front. I slightly rolled my eyes and linked her hand in mine. We walked like that to the entrance of the hall that they are supposed to hold the event. It is a big event, it has pink balloons all over the place and a big banner that says 'Joo's and Nam's big event.' What kind of weird name is that?? Is it some kind of a comedic show that got famous that they got to perform at such a big event like this??

"Woohyun ssi, I'll go talk to my friends first." She said letting go and walked away.

"Eo.." I just replied to her like that. It is good that she is gone now, no worries of being beaten up now.

"You finally arrived huh??" I heard someone clinging onto me. It was SungJong. Why is he here??

"Why are you doing here??" I asked him.

"How can the host not know his guests?? Aren't you the one that invited us to the party??" He said.

"Host?? What host--"

"You really don't know??" He asked again.  Of course, I don't even know what this freaking event is for...

"Aye, ladies and gentlemen!! Can I have your attention for a minute??" Somebody said something and everyone's attention went to them, a guy and a girl. I remember that guy, he is Joo JiNa's oldest brother. The lady beside him must be his girlfriend.

"Thank you guys for coming to this big event hosted by the famous Joo and Nam family in the country. We appreciate your attendance as we have something very important to tell the audience." He added. Joo Family?? Nam Family?? What the hell is going on here??

"Since the very start, the Nams and the Joos have known each other for a very long time and at this very event, they decided to announce something very important. Something really really important." The lady continued.

"Let's welcome Mr. Nam Woohyun and Miss Joo JiNa on stage. Everyone give them a round of applause." They both said in unison. Did they just said my name?? They did right?? And with Joo JiNa?? Aishh, this is another trap.

The spotlight immediately shone on me and another part of the room. Joo JiNa must be here too. I can seriously imagine Joo JiNa bursting into tears again like last time.

"Why are you still standing here for?? Go on stage.." The others appeared behind me and pushed me to the stage which I did not want the most.

"What...."

When I arrived on stage, Joo JiNa is already standing there with her head low. I bet she hates her family to the core now. "Wow!! The two stars of today's event are here, Mr. Nam Woohyun and Miss Joo JiNa!!" He repeated. "The two of them would be engaged in a business marriage officially from today onwards and their wedding would be held in this very hotel next month." They really pushed it really far this time... Announcing this news to the whole world. Oh god...

The audience applauded very loud as they were really happy that two members of Korea's two biggest corporations got involved in a marriage. I looked at Joo JiNa, her body was shaking slightly. I looked at the floor, tears were all on the floor. 

Frustrated, I took the mic from her brother. The both of them looked at me with their eyes wide open. "Everyone please come to our wedding on the 19th next month. Thank you, please excuse us." I said and went to Joo JiNa who is still crying.

"Let's go..." I said putting my hand on her arm. She nodded slightly and got off the stage with me following from behind. She walked all the way to the balcony and immediately hugged SungYeol who is there, SungYeol seemed a little shocked to see her cry all of a sudden as I was the only one who knew that she was crying. 

I didn't follow her all the way, I only looked at the both of them behind a wall. I wonder what were they saying?? Their voices were too soft for me to hear. Then I saw SungYeol leaning really close to her. My hands hardened into a fist and I find myself being really angry at SungYeol all of a sudden. Why was I angry for??

----------
SungYeol

So the two are going to get married right?? But aren't they enemies?? I seriously can't imagine the two of them living together. The house will be torn apart on the first day. But they can't just oppose to their father's orders right??

I sighed and turned around to find JiNa walking towards me with tears running down her face. She whimpered slightly and hugged me tightly. "W-what?? What happened, Joo Dongsaeng??" I said stuttering. This is too sudden, it is our first skinship as friends. I didn't expect that to happen so fast.

She didn't say anything, she just kept crying and crying."It's okay, I am here. You need not worry. My shoulder is here for you to cry on." I said patting her back to comfort her.

"Why are they...like that?? Announcing to the whole world...how could they??" She said in sobs.

"I know that it is harsh but it already happened. The only way is to go along with it. I bet Woohyun is like that too."

"But--"

I suddenly cupped her cheeks and she stopped crying and looked at me. "Stop crying, it is a fact that you are engaged with Woohyun. Just go along with it, you guys can even get a divorce after that. It is that easy these days."

"Really??" She asked.

"If you stop crying at this moment, everything can be done. You are already 21, if you can't escape from it, overcome it in your own way. Look at Woohyun, he is also very mad at your father but what can be done about it?? He is going along with it as if it is a script for a musical. You might not ever have the chance to live together with your enemy. Just play along." I said.

"You... you are right. I didn't think that he might be hurt too." She said wiping her tears away. 

She let out a chuckle. "I must have cried so much that your sleeves are all wet. I am such a crybaby."

"You sure are. I still remembered that your shirts will be wet every time you go home after a sleepover because you are not willing to go home and wanted to stay longer at In Na's house and my house."

"Hey!! That's dark history. I don't do that anymore."

"Really?? Not anymore?"

"Eung, of course, I wouldn't. I am already 21."

"That's right, a 21-year old that cries at her friend's shoulder." She smacked me hard on the shoulder.

"My friends are waiting for me, I will call you later when I am done." She said leaving. As if, I am the only friend of hers being invited to this party...