Episode 33

Woohyun

"Is this a joke??" She asked one of her eyebrows raised, showing me that she didn't understand what was happening. I held onto her hands but this time she took one step backward and the distance between the two of us widened.

"Don't you dare touch me..."

"You do know that I don't joke about those things and I'm serious about my feelings for you."

"Nam Woohyun, how can you say all this when you have already done me wrong?? The engagement is over."

"Who cares about the engagement?? We can start all over again." I looked straight into her eyes. "I know we can and I can prove that to you."

"Then what about Song AhYeon??"

"We can go home and talk about that, it's a bit inappropriate to have your friends here," I told her. "We really have to do this even if you don't want to." If we want to start over again, all the misunderstandings that we have had to be cleared before anything else to ensure that nothing can break us apart.

She looked around once more and nodded. "Leave me alone, it is a girl's night. I will come home tomorrow and I won't call off the engagement just yet." That sentence made me feel a bit relieved as she still wanted a future with me even if it will not last. "Don't be that happy that I agreed, I may call off the engagement anytime I want." She said before walking back into the house. Joo JiNa, thanks for believing in me...

-----------

JiNa

I felt the sides of my lips going up even if I don't want to as I entered the house and the girls were staring at me as if they have just discovered a new species.

"What's with that smile?? What did he even talked to you about??" JiEun asked raising an eyebrow at my weird behavior.

"Nothing, he said nothing much," I said while still blushing from the confession earlier. He likes me!!! I repeat, Nam woohyun likes me!!

"Then are you even smiling like that??" HeeRa repeated JiEun's question. "You looked like an idiot."

"I said nothing." I sat down on the couch, playing my hair like a person in love. Yes, I'm in love!! Stop smiling already!!

"Aren't we supposed to eat??" I asked and they pointed to the food that is on the table, they moved all the food that has been cooked from outside to the dining table, we will be crazy to eat outside as there are a lot of mosquitoes outside and none of us would want to get bitten by those damn mosquitoes.

I sat down on the table and dug in whatever food that we cooked even though it is not nicely done because none of us can really cook. It is already an achievement that we can do BBQ without causing a fire, of course with the help of my best friend, SungYeol. If he came earlier, I would have thanked him even when I have returned home the next day but he chose to come late and I have to be angry at him. Stupid Nam Woohyun... But my feelings for him... What should I do about it?? He even confessed to me and I slammed it back saying that it is a joke.

"There's that stupid grin again, I guess that you will have a lot of explaining to do at night." HeeRa shook her head after seeing me grin like an idiot.

I kept that smile and turned it into a frown. "I wasn't smiling."

"Whatever," JiEun replied. "But she is definitely smiling, anyone can see that." I just ignored them as I didn't want them to ask me any questions, they are very nosey people that ask everything from top to bottom, inside and out but they mean well, they just want to know me better as a person.

We finished dinner and the two took turns showering as they wanted to get rid of the smoke from the BBQ and I just laid down in HeeRa's bed just looking through the notifications in my phone and a text message came. It was from WooHyun.

Nam Jerk: Are you sleeping??

I sat up on the bed and replied him back, so satisfied with my answer.

JiNa: Are you a pervert??

He replied a few seconds later.

Nam Jerk: Like hell, I am no pervert. I just wanted to know if you can sleep well tonight.

JiNa: What makes you think that I can't sleep well??

Nam Jerk: You have insomnia so you can't sleep well in new environments.

I gasped. How did he know me so well?? He basically knew me like a dictionary when I didn't even tell him anything about my life.

JiNa: I don't have insomnia.

Nam Jerk: You have. Do you think that I don't know that you take medication every day for you to sleep?? And sometimes you play your zen playlist to make you sleepy.

To make myself feel sleepy, I take sleeping pills all the time and play my zen playlist on my phone with headphones on from time to time and I'm sure that he was asleep all the time. How did he even know about that??

JiNa: It is not like no one has insomnia, everyone just deals with it in a different way.

Nam Jerk: I'll accompany you from now on.

JiNa: You're crazy, go to sleep when you can. Don't be like me.

Nam Jerk: Or we will game all night, just like that day where I spent the night at your house.

I felt the bed sank a little and there was JiEun laying down next to me looking at the chat that I have with Nam Woohyun. "Ooo... I can literally see hearts around you. Is that your husband??"

"Yes," I said without hesitation and I immediately regretted as I realized that I have just admitted to. I admitted that Nam Woohyun was my husband, we aren't married nor have anything that declares us as a couple and I am here spouting nonsense.

HeeRa sat down at the edge of the bed. "Oh my god!! The tomboy finally admitted that she has a thing for her fiance!!" The two rejoiced as if I saved a country or something like that, they were jumping around and hugging each other.

"What?? No!!" I tried to deny but obviously, these two people are not going to believe it.

JiEun sat back down on the bed. "You did. You said that he was your husband."

"So, which stage was it??"

I sighed and tried to calm myself down as I sat down, finally sitting at the same level as the other girls. "He confessed to me earlier but I can't accept his confession."

HeeRa stared at me with confusion. "Jesus, are you for real?? You turned down his confession?? What--"

JiEun cut her off. "That was the right time to do. I overheard your conversation with him and it is time to use the ultimate trump card."

"What Trump card??"

"The art of play hard to get, don't let him get you so easily. In that way, you will get him and push Song AhYeon out of your world with you."