The Surprise

Levi crossed his arms, tapping his foot as Hanji babbled on an on. Narrowing his eyes as Erwin pulled her away. Sighing with relief as he finally left the room, the corridor was empty his footsteps echoed off the walls. 

Mikasa was sitting in the trees, the soft breeze flowing through her hair. Thoughts consumed her, both from  last night and her life in general. Since, Eren rescued her, she had always felt indebted to him. That is until Levi came along.

Footsteps under her, interrupted her thinking, looking down and she saw Levi. Smirking at her opportunity, she crouched and jumped down towards him. 

Levi turned and caught her before landing on the soft gravel.  He smirked an pecked her lips before rolling her off him. 

"Nice to see you too Ackermann.."

Mikasa rolled her eyes. "I cant get anything past you can I?"

Levi shook his head. "Nope, but you try all you want." He smiled at her as he got up. "Now time for me to show you the surprise.." He pulled her up, and led her into the woods.  The air of formality left them, as soon as they became hidden.

With the sun peeping between the dark green foliage, Levi laced his fingers through Mikasa's. He led her through to a small little thicket, surrounded by ivy. 

"Hi..Hiecho.." Mikasa's voice was soft, as she moved the hair out her eyes. 

Levi looked over to her, tightening his grip as he faced her. "Yes?"

Mikasa took a deep breath, as she leaned in closer to him. "I...I..lo-"

The bushes rustled as someone jumped through, causing both Levi and Mikasa to jump apart from eachother.  

"I knew something was off!" Jeans booming voice broke the silence.