Things Changed...

Jean smirked as he wedged his way in between Levi and Mikasa. Standing in front of Levi, looking down the bridge of his nose, his hazel eyes glaring at Levi. 

Levi clenched his jaw, and fist. "This asshole wants to really do this right now?"  Adjusting his stance, Levi narrowed his eyes. 

Jean opened his mouth, glancing to the side at Mikasa. Who was silent, looking at the ground, cheeks red,

With Jean looking over at Mikasa, Levi took that as a chance to attack, raising his fist aiming for Jeans neck. 

"Levi I wouldnt do that." His arm being caught by someone else, Levi recognized the voice as Chief Erwin. 

Mikasa's body froze, as she saw Erwin also accompanied by Eren and Armin.  Not meeting their apprehensive stares. 

Levi pulled his arm away from Erwin, eyes never leaving Jeans smug little face.

Jean rolled his eyes before looking at Erwin. "Hello Chief Erwin. I told you something was off about these two." 

Mikasa growled before she tried to lunge at him, being stopped by Eren and Armin. 

"Dont kill him..we need him for our plan.." Armin whispered in her ear, gripping her arm. 

Mikasa shrugged them both off, before looking at Levi, his gray eyes lit with flames of anger. 

"He's going to kill him, if hes not careful.." she thought as Jean began speaking. 

"Well sir, I followed these two here, unaware of of what they were up to." Pausing to gage the look on Levi's face. Which was expressionless. 

Mikasa took a deep breath before interrupting Jean. "Captain Levi, took me out here to discuss the plans for tomorrow. Ways of infiltrating the city. " Mikasa lied blatantly crossing her arms.

Jean cocked his head at her. " Then why were you two touching?"

Levi rolled his eyes, "She lost her balance you stupid fuck!" Levi pushed him before walking away, back towards headquarters. Keeping the act up, until he was hidden from view, when he allowed his shoulders to dropped. 

Erwin sighed, as he walked off, dragging Jean with him, who was screaming, and struggling.

Mikasa ran off in the direction Levi. She found him sitting under the shade of a tree. His cravat undone, and jacket on the ground next to him.  Mikasa bit her lip before walking closer.

Levi heard her and looked in her direction, his eyes not meeting hers. 

"Hie.." She began her voice quiet. Before Levi interrupted her.

"Mikasa.." Biting his lip. He began. " I dont think this is going to work out.."

Mikasa blinked, looking at him. "Wha...what do you mean.."

Levi couldnt look at her, he could hear her heart breaking in her voice. "It was a mistake to ever have sex with you.." 

"but..but..Levi.." Tears formed in her eyes, her heart beating wildly. She looked away, to hide her sadness. "I understand..Cap..Captain.." She walked off, no fight left in her anymore.

Levi saw as she walked away, waiting until she was out of earshot, before he let out a quiet sob.