8

I woke up, my whole body ached. I could hardly sit up without the urge to yell out for help. I did a slight wince as I got up from the couch. My ankle was still in the brace the hospital gave to me. I just want a shower, let me rephrase that, I NEED a shower!

I got in and body felt engulfed by flames. I had road rash on the right side of my body, from falling onto the pavement, it stings so bad. So much for a peaceful shower. I washed my hair and my body and got out so fast.

Someone knocked at the bathroom door. My heart stopped, Josh is at work. Who on earth is that? I slipped my clothes on so fast without making a sound. When I finally heard..

A tiny timid voice say, "Paige?" I let out a huge breath, so relieved it was Amy. I opened the door she was crying. I pulled her into a tight hug, my breath knocked out of me, but I wasn't letting go. I knew best, to not ask what's wrong, that's the worst thing someone can do.

"Shhhhh..." I say calmly, "I'm here if you want to talk, but for now we need to get you some ice cream!" She sniffled and nodded with a slight laugh.

I didn't know what was going on, but I knew she needed a person, and that's all I wanted to be.

We went into my small kitchen, it was way outdated, the old brown wood on the cabinets made it look even smaller. I opened the fridge and there it was, the key to heaven, chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream!

We open the tub of ice cream, Amy's eyes were bloodshot. I guess I never noticed how remarkably blue here eyes were until they were all puffy from crying. My heart started to hurt for her.

I hated when people were upset, if I could take on everyone's problems so they could be happy I would. I don't mind being miserable anymore, I have been my whole life. I think that's the saddest part about my life, I've never been happy.

I finally cut the silence, "Whatever happened I want to help in anyway I can, you don't have to tell me what it is, but I want to be there for you." She was tearing up again, I grabbed her hand, "One year ago today my dad died." I was stunned. My facial expression never changed, I don't want to make her feel any worse, "My mom died, it's something someone has to go through to understand."

She nods her head before releasing all her anger towards the world in one sob. I cried that cry all the time.

I got up and hugged her from behind. She didn't say much the rest of the time we were together, she just needed company.

In the middle of watching the office she spoke up, "I'm so glad we're friends, I know I've only known you for like a week, but I feel like I've known you for forever and I just want to ask you to-" I cut her off, "absolutely not, I won say a word." She smiled, "you're probably wondering why I'm here instead of with GABE Or Mel or something, I've literally known them my whole life." She paused looked at her fingertips, "They all stopped grieving. Me? I don't think I ever will, and I don't want to bring that sadness back into their life." I nodded my head, "I promise I completely understand."

She quickly replied, "Well I have to go! Do you mind if I give you one piece of advice..?" I nodded, "of course your advice means everything to me." She took a deep breath, "Remember when I told you at the beginning of the school year to stay away from James?" I slowly nodded, "yesss? Where are you going with this?" She smiled, "Well I was wrong, the way he stood up to those guys FOR you, I've never seen so much rage in him, and that says a lot. He's always looking over you, you move he watches. I just want you to know you have my blessing." She smiled I bursted out laughing, it hurt so bad too, but I couldn't help it. "You have it all wrong Amy!" Still laughing, "James will pick a fight with a brick wall. He doesn't care about me, I promise." My last sentence sounded cold. She shrugged her shoulders, whatever you say! He short blonde hair swung around as she walked out the door.