19

"Seriously?" I mutter. Ethan stood up immediately pushing me behind him his arm in front of my chest as though he's holding me back. The one figure then turned into three. What the hell is going on? It's Dan I know it is. The three figures stood side by side. Still looking like shadows in the star and moon lit sky. I grabbed Ethan's hand just needing a moment to squeeze it to let him know I'm here. We can do this. He looked at me his eyes nervous. I know he wants to protect me, but there's three against us.

As the figures for closer it became clear it wasn't Dan it was Gabe being pretty much dragged by two lineman from Blue Ridge, "Gabe?!" I ran to him cupping his face in my hands, "Gabe are you okay? WHAT DID YOU DO?!" My heart racing I was in a panicky for Gabes safety. My heart clenched I cared so much for Gabe. He'd do anything for me, I'd do anything for him. That's what friends are for right?

They looked at each other then yelled, "Us?! Your boyfriend here got himself into a bit of trouble with alcohol. We were bringing him to his truck to get him out of trouble. Watch who you are pointing fingers at missy!"

Ethan threw Gabes arm around his neck, "I'll take it from here thanks guys."

I moved back off Gabe to help Ethan carry him. We laid him in the tailgate of his truck. He was completely out of it, "I'm gonna go round everyone up. You stay here with him. I'll be right back."

I nodded my head letting Gabe fall into my lap. His head laying there on my thighs. I stroked my fingers through his hair and lightly rubbed his back. In a motherly way, like when you are getting sick and they barely rub your back to let you know they're there.

I wish I had that at some point.

My sadness for Gabe turned to anger towards Blair. This is all her fault. This isn't who Gabe is, he's the fun one. The one people love to be around who's happy.

Gabe looks up at me groggily then shoots a smile when his eyes meet mine. But that smile quickly faded away and turned to despair, "She broke my heart Paige. She's a bitch and I can't stand seeing her I'm so sorry.." I shook my head, "Shhhh.. it's okay, shhh relax." My voice soothing he fell into rhythm with my breathing and like nothing he passed out.

Then I heard people approaching. I figured it was probably Ethan back with everyone. But at the same time it had only been 10 minutes since he left, and it was a little ways of a walk to the car. I decided not to go on edge. Each time I have it's been for nothing. I just sit there and try to relax holding Gabe from falling onto the ground. Then my heart sunk, as I heard boys letting off rambunctious laughs, it's Dan. I gasped at the sound of them not able to move, and too scared to wake up Gabe. I put on my bitch face in a daring way. I don't know why I get so nervous I've gotten a few good hits in myself, I can handle it. But still my body goes into panick mode and I don't dare to move a muscle.. Lurking in the shadows a few steps behind Dan is his boys. I still don't know their names, and to be honest, I don't want to. Not really my friend group , if you know what I'm saying.

Dans eyes meet mine, he sees me holding Gabe and a sly smile appeared on his face. The hairs on the back of my neck rose. I attempted to brace myself for what was going to happen next. I can't lie to Josh again about what really happened to me, why my face is all bruised up. What do I do? I guess I'll have to win. My heart fell when Dan opened his mouth, adrenaline pumping through my veins. With my surprise he didn't say what I expected.

"Keep walking boys, the bitch will get it soon." They laughed and followed Dan.

The two boys in the back were the ones that grabbed and held me. Fucking cowards. I get chills as I see them walk by, such dicks. They both looked at me with creepy grins. I couldn't help but continue my wicked bitch glare at them.