~Chapter 4~

"Jess, Jessi, Jessicaaaa," Johnny dragged the last syllable of my name as he shook me awake. "We've arrived. Get your lazy ass up and let's go. Sleeping beauty can't sleep forever," he teased. I was blinded by the sudden change of brightness. As I finally adjusted to the light, I got up and made my way to the exit.

When we stepped out into the arrival hall, we were greeted by whom I assumed was NCT's manager. He was very friendly towards me and we got along quite well. He was a manager in his early-30s and was quite tall - not as tall as Johnny though. He had brown hair and wore glasses that matched well with his big brown eyes. If he were younger, I wouldn't mind dating him. After we briefly got to know each other, we finally headed off towards the SM building.

It was a half an hour drive from the airport to the building. The whole car ride was crazy. The three of us were talking about anything and everything and we ended up blasting music from the radio and belting out the lyrics. Some drivers stared at us when we were at the traffic lights but we simply ignored them and continued singing.

As we pulled into the parking lot of the building, we saw a mob of fans at the main door. The manager, whose name was Jinwoo, made a call to the front desk to call out the guards to escort us. I reached into my jacket pocket for the mask that I had worn earlier. I pulled it out and wore it to hide my identity. Jinwoo-nim told us to get ready as the guards approached the car. As the car door opened, the sound of the fan's high-pitched screaming hurt my ears. Johnny and I were then quickly escorted into the building, with Jinwoo-nim still in the car.

The moment we stepped into the building, Johnny took my hand and led me towards the elevator. I asked him where he was bringing me but he only smiled and said "you'll find out later." I gave up questioning him and just trailed behind. He pressed the button for the fourth floor and soon enough, there was a 'ding' sound and the door opened. We stepped out of the elevator and I continued trailing behind him like a lost puppy until he finally came to a stop in front of a door that labelled 'Dance Room 2'.

I could hear music blasting from the inside. Johnny held his fingers to his lips telling me to keep quiet as he reached for the door knob. When he opened it, he ran in whilst shouting "IM BACK. DID YOU GUYS MISS ME?" I heard a series of 'Omo's and 'Kkamjjagiya's coming from the other members as I let out a silent laugh. Johnny then said "I'm not alone though. I brought someone with me." I took that as my cue and slowly stepped into the practice room. This is it. I was going to meet NCT. 

I stood next to Johnny as he told me to introduce myself. I faced all eight members and mustered up the courage to speak. "Annyeonghaseyo, Lee Joohyun ibnida. Banggapseubnida," I managed to say. I heard them say things like 'kiyo'. I looked down at my feet as I blushed. They then started to introduce themselves as a group, then continued with their individual introductions. All of them had finished introducing themselves but one caught my attention. There was something about Jaehyun that stood out among the others.

After we finished with the introductions, they continued with their practice as I sat at the back with mine and Johnny's luggage. Since we came to the practice room right after arriving, we didn't get to properly put away our luggage so we had to drag it around wherever we go. As the boys continued to dance, I couldn't help but only focus on Jaehyun. I got a weird feeling in my stomach after a while but ignored it as I continued to watch them. It would be an understatement if I said they were amazing. Every move the made were in sync and they never missed a step. At the end of the entire song, I clapped and praised them at how good they were. They smiled and shyly muttered out a bunch of 'thank you's as they breathed heavily to catch their breath.

We stayed in the practice room for a few more hours as the boys still had to practice. I picked up my phone to check the time and sighed as they still had two more hours before they were done for the day. Soon enough, I got bored and felt tired from the seven-hour flight earlier. My eyelids felt heavy as I started to lean against the suitcase. I finally gave in to my fatigue and my mind drifted off into dreamland.