~Chapter 34~

"I'm home!" I shouted from the door.

I was greeted by the whispers from the boys. I entered the living room while carrying the heavy groceries the malicious creature had ordered be to get. I scanned the room to find the evil queen herself missing. Smiling, I placed the heavy bags on the counter and let out a loud sigh. It was not until later did I realise that Jaehyun, too was missing.

When I went back into the living room, the boys were unusually silent. Something must have happened while I was out. I looked at them suspiciously and  my eyes landed on Doyoung who kept staring into nothing. Curious, I followed his gaze and saw that he was staring at...my room? I looked back and forth between him and my room. I started towards my room but Taeyong had held me back, shaking his head furiously, telling me not to go in there. When I asked why, he fell silent. I turned to the others expecting them to explain but they too kept silent and avoided eye contact. 

I turned to look at the room once more before glancing back at the boys and making my way towards it, ignoring the warnings of the guys. I stood before the familiar brown door and rest my hand on its knob. I pressed my ear against the door and waiting. Silence. I stood there for a few more seconds but there was no sound coming from the room. I looked back at the boys who were staring at me from afar, approaching me bit by bit through the dimly lit hallway. At last, I took in a deep breath and turned the knob and pushed the door open. What lay behind it had me broken.

Tears started to well up in my eyes as I watched the sight in front of me. The boys had gathered behind me as they gave me sympathetic pats, trying to cheer me up. A single tear rolled down my cheek as I watched Jaehyun who was pinned against the wall by Miyeon, their lips locked on each other. Everything was a blur. The boys were tugging on my arm, telling me leave but I stayed rooted to the ground, unable to do anything.

Just then, Johnny pushed through the crowd and stomped into the room furiously, throwing a punch towards Jaehyun. A fight soon broke out and Miyeon stood in a corner, smiling in victory. All the sorrow in me had changed to anger. I walked up to her and grabbed her arm, punching her in the stomach before flipping her and pinning her to the ground. My hand was raised and I almost punched her but stopped, not knowing why.

"Why did you stop? Are you afraid little girl? Punch me, I dare you," she provoked and laughed like a maniac. "Why? Scared that everyone here will leave you just like how Jaehyun left you for me?"

That was the last straw. I raised my fist and punched her right in the jaw, a subtle crack following right after. I was pulled away by Taeyong, letting my tears flow as I stared at my bloodied hands. From the corner of my eye, I could see Taeil, Doyoung and Yuta try to break up the fight, Johnny and Jaehyun now a bloody mess. Taeyong carried me out to the living room and placed me gently on the couch, cradling me like a baby, trying his best to calm me down. My vision became blurry and all the sounds around me were muffled. There was a loud ringing in my ear and my breathing became uneven. I suddenly had a flashback to when I was little and my parents had left in the middle of the night. 

The image of little me stuck in my head, she was all alone, no one to run to for help. I was snapped out of the flashback when Donghyuk had shook me uncontrollably. I looked around clueless, to see the worried faces of the boys. Just then, two police officers had came out of the room with Miyeon in their arms, wriggling about, wanting to be set free.

"Thank you for calling us. Yoon Miyeon is actually a run away patient from a mental hospital. Thank you for helping us find her," the police officer trailed behind the other two out the door, leaving us dumbstruck.

Johnny came out from the room with bandages all over and immediately ran towards me when he caught sight of me. He instantly held me in his arms gently as if I was a piece of glass that could break any time. He rocked me back and forth, whispering words into my ear. I returned his hug and held onto him tightly as if my life depended on it. One by one, the other members left us to be alone. We stayed like that until the both of us eventually fell asleep on the couch, not loosening my grip around Johnny's torso.

A/N
Hi, hello, annyeong~ I have three announcements for you guys. First announcement is that I am dedicating this chapter to @limitlessangle because she had been supporting me as well as voted on every chapter. My second announcement...let's just say this would be my last update as I will disappear for a while because of my exams. Don't worry though because I will still be back in the future bringing your awesome updates ;) Last but not least, I'm also working on a new book based on Wanna One so I hope you guys look forward to that. I will post the first chapter after I have finished this book :)

tWO OUTS
Author-nim