Chapter Eight -EDITED-

Astoria's POV

Beep....Beep.....Beep....

"Fuck off." I mumble hitting something next to me. Josh groans and I open my eyes."Good, Your awake." He says smiling widely. "My stomache hurts." I say. "I'll page a nurse." He says clicking a button next to my bed.

"Your mom and sister went back home to get some sleep, So I'll call them in the morning." He says as I look at the time. "I woke you up didn't I." I say seeing it's 1:45 am. "It's okay, I'm happy that your not dead." He says making me laugh slightly. I wince and he gets up quickly.

"Are you okay?" He asks quickly. "No, I think I'm dying." I say sarcasticly as the nurse walks in. "Hello, Astoria. I'm Janice, Your nurse." She says. She's a older woman, Maybe 50-60. I smile as she lays her clipboard down.

"So, You had a small amount of internal bleeding and swelling but, The doctor took care of all of that and your doing good." She says. "Thank you so much." I say. She smiles and leaves the room. "Do you want to sleep?" Josh asks."Yeah, Can you lay next to me?" I ask. "Okay." He says smiling slightly.

I move over abit and he lays next to me. "Can you sing?" I ask him. "I guess." He says. "Can you sing to me?" I ask again. "Sure, Porcelian." He says smiling. He starts singing Hallelujah by Leonard Cohen softly. I smile slightly and lean my head back onto his chest.

"She broke your throne and she cut your hair...." He sings. "And from your lips she drew the Hallelujah...." I sing with him. A few moments later we stop singing and Josh kisses my forehead.

"Your a really good singer." He says. "Say's you." I aay making him chuckle. "You should get some sleep." He says. "Probaly, Goodnight...Good morning?" I say laughing slightly. "Goodnight and good morning." He says laughing. I laugh abit more and my eyes droop slightly. Soon after I let darkness take over.

×

I wake up to the sound of people talking. I open my eyes to see the nurse talking to my mom and Carolyn. My mom looks over and her face lights up. "Astoria!" She screams running over to me. "Oh my hunny, Who did this to you?" She asks tears streaming down her face.

"Mom, Calm down." I say. She nods and Carolyn walks in. "Lucas did this mom." I say. She looks at me shocked. "No, He would never do this." She says shaking her head. "Mom, He did. I tried to break up with him and he did this." I say trying to calm her down. "The police are here to question, Astoria." Janice says.

My mom nods and gets up. She wipes her tears away. Josh goes to get up and follow her but I stop him. "Stay here, Please." I say. "Okay, Porcelian." He says sitting next to me. Janice brings in two tall police men. "Hello there, Miss. Hathway." One of them say.

A half hour later they have finished asking me questions so they leave. "Do you want breakfast?" Josh asks me. "Yeah." I say as my stomache rumbles loudly. Me and Josh burst out laughing. Carolyn, Nikki, Mom, Miles and Sara walk in and look at us weirdly.

"What happened?" My mom asks. "H-Her stomache." Josh says laughing harder. I hold onto my stomache trying to calm down. "Your going to hurt yourself!" Mom says. Me and Josh stop laughing and he gets off the floor. "He asked me if I wanted food and I said yes but my stomache made a loud noise." I say.

Josh brings the wheelchair over and helps me in it. "I want a muffin." I say as he wheels me out of the room. He chuckles and we get into the elevator. "There might be muffins there." He says as the elevator starts going down.

We talk for a few minutes as we go to the cafeteria. "Oo! Muffins!" I say trying to make the wheelchair go faster. "Jesus christ, Porcelian! Calm down, It's just muffins!" Josh says. I laugh as he takes me to the muffins. I grab two chocolate chip muffins and my face goes serious.

"Let's go." I say eating abit of the muffin. "You need more then a muffin." He says grabbing a banana. I sigh and grab a apple. "Happy?" I ask. "Yep." He says smiling. I grab some orange juice and he wheels me out of the cafeteria.

I eat my muffins happily as we get to my room. You get to leave tomorrow." Mom says. "Oh thank god, Even though I've only been here for a day, I hate hospitals." I say making Josh laugh. Josh helps me onto the bed and sits next to me.

We talk for awhile about random things. I'm really thankfull for Josh.