Chapter Nine -EDITED-

Astoria's POV

"PORCELAIN?" Josh shouts from the front door. "IN HERE!" I shout from the kitchen. I hear his footsteps come towards the kitchen as I flip the pancakes. "It smells good." He says walking up behind me.

"It was my dad's family recipe." I say smiling slightly remembering my dad. I've been out of the hospital for two weeks and I go back to school tomorrow. "Where is your dad?" He asks grabbing a pancake. I freeze slightly.

*FLASHBACK*

I hum along to the song that is playing on the radio. I pull up to the house to see my mom and Nikki running out of the house tears streaming down their faces. "Astoria! Please it's your father and brother! Take us to the hospital!" She blubbers. My stomache drops and I help them into the car.

We all buckle up and I start speeding away from the house. I focus on the road a couple tears falling from my face. I block out my mom sobbing, My sister trying to calm her down and the radio. I pull up to the hospital and jump out of the car.

I run from the car and to the hospital doors. My mom and sister rush in behind me as I go to the front desk. "Brian and Jacob Hathaway." I say quickly. "Okay, Uh, They are getting treated right now but you can see them after." She says smiling.

"Let me see them!" I snap. Her face drops and everyone looks at me. "Just let me see them......" I say as my mom continues to cry. "I will take you to the OR waiting room and the doctors will give you feedback." She says getting up. "O-Okay." I say. We follow her to a elevator and get in.

All I can think about is that my father and brother could be dying. I could lose the two most important people in my life. The elevator dings and she takes us to a room. We sit down and I block all noises out, Staring at the floor.

Three hours later two doctors come into the room. I quickly stand up to talk to them. "Mrs. Hathaway?" One of them asks. "Right here." Mom says. "Well, We are very sorry but, Brian and Jacob have passed away. They both had serious brain injurys...." She says continuing but I zone her out.

Their dead, My father and brother are dead. My mom bursts out sobbing and I feel my legs go weak. I fall to the ground and start sobbing. Their gone.

*FLASHBACK OVER*

"My dad and brother died in a car crash two years ago." I say putting the pancakes on the plate. Josh dosen't say anything. "I'm sorry I didn't know." He says. "It's okay." I say looking at him and forcing a smile. He puts the pancake on the counter and hugs me.

I feel a couple tears fall down my face as I hug him back. We stay like this for a few minutes until Nikki hops out. "Okay.....I'll take a pancake and leave." She says grabbing two pancakes. We let go and I laugh slightly. "Here." I say passing Josh a plate full of pancakes.

"Oo, Yum." He says shoving a pancake in his mouth. I laugh as mom walks into the kitchen dressed in a fancy shirt and black pants. "Where are you going?" I ask her. "Tom is taking me out for brunch." She says. "Okay." I say eating my pancakes.

"And is daughter, Lexi, Is going to come over. She's your age." She says. Me and Josh nearly choke on our food. The doorbell rings and mom rushes out. "Oh my god." I mumble getting up. "Hello, Nancy." Tom says. I look over my moms shoulder to see Lexi standing there.

She looks up from her phone and her face goes from a smirk to a shocked look. "Astoria, This is my daughter, Lexi." Tom says. "We've met." I say walking away. I take onto Josh's hand and pull him downstairs.

"Astoria, Get back here!" Mom says before I can reach the stairs. I sigh and turn back to the front door. "Nice to see you, Lexi." I say through gritted teeth. I practically spat her name, I didn't like her, She didn't like me. "Nice to see you too, Bitch." She mumbles the bitch part.

Josh squeezes my hand as I get angrier. "Okay, Show Lexi around me and Tom will be back in an hour." My mom says kissing my cheek. "Bye." I mumble as they leave. Lexi eyes the room and I take Josh into the kitchen. "Godammit, Of course when my mom finally finds someone it has a the devil spawn as his daughter!" I start freaking out.

"Calm down, The date might not even go well." He says. I laugh, "Hopefully."