Chapter ➳ twenty six;

Chapter twenty six of Roasted:

After the two got back to Jared's apartment, Jared called the police and directed them to where the horrible accident happened. They thanked him and hung up.

"Are you feeling better now Ashton?" Jared asks with a concerned facial expression, turning away from his phone and looking over at the tear stained girl.

She hesitantly nods before putting the metal tweezers down onto the wooden coffee table and resting her red feet onto it. "I got all the glass out."

Jared rushes over to the closest bathroom and rolls out a heap of the soft toilet paper. "Here." He speaks while gently grabbing ahold of her right leg.

He takes his time while wrapping the toilet paper around her bloody foot and every time Ashton's shaking lips let out a small whimper, a little piece of Jared's heart would fall off.

"You go to bed and get ready for the audition tomorrow Ashton, you need some sleep." Ashton reluctantly nods at Jared's orders and takes her time getting to Jared's room, walking on her toes to not hurt her feet.

He smiles at the many scripts laying on his wooden desk, becoming even more proud of her that she is so dedicated of becoming an actress and changing her life around.

When she gets into her bedroom she rips off her dress which makes Jared's eyes widen in surprise, he whips his body around and faces the wall while she changes with deep red cheeks.

"Goodnight Jared, and thank you for today." She whispers before drifting off to sleep. Jared smiles and kisses her warm forehead, not realising that Ashton could still feel it.