Chapter ➳ twenty eight;

Chapter twenty eight of Roasted.

Everything surrounding Jared's large body is completely blocked out of his mind, his only focus is Ashton and finding out where she is.

There is a little voice inside of Jared informing him that the young girl is not okay, she is in terrible danger, Ashton is hurt.

He jumps off the couch then charges out of his lounge room into his bedroom Ashton was previously sleeping in the night before. Everything of hers was gone, her dress and purse had disappeared, just like her.

Jared turns around clockwise and walks into the small bathroom, wondering if she had left some makeup or something in there from her purse.

"Damn it." He sighs as there is nothing but his own toothbrush laying on the sink. As he turns around to leave the bathroom he sees something in the toilet water, red - it was blood.

Jared gasps out loud in horror and rips out his phone from his track pants pocket.

On Twitter DM's - GROUP.

Jared - THERE IS BLOOD IN THE TOILET SEAT, ASHTON WAS BLEEDING!

Misha - Jared........

Jensen - Jared........

Jared - WHAT?!

Misha - Every once a month when a woman is not pregnant, she........

Jared - No guys this is serious. It's not her period blood, she would have flushed that for sure.

Jensen - Then what's that blood from?

Jared - I'm going to the hospital.

Misha - Be careful Jarpad.
Seen at 7:04am

As Jared finally reaches the nearest hospital he could find, he parks his car in the parking area and quickly pays for a ticket so he doesn't get fined - just in case Ashton wasn't really here.

"I'm looking for Ashton Lee." Jared speaks to the old man behind the desk, he shoves his glasses on and peers down at the computer screen in front of him.

"No I'm sorry, there's no Ashton Lee admitted here." Jared bangs his fists against the desk angrily and stands up from the leather seat, pulling a hand through his dark hair.

The hospital door opens and Jared perks his head up from his shaking hands. Ashton is laying on the clean floors, using her hands to pull herself around.

"Ashton!" He screams in relief and horror at the same time. Nurses and doctors rush to her side and pick her up while pulling her onto a portable bed.

Sweat beads off of her forehead as bright coloured blood drips out of her mouth. Both of her feet are red and swollen with a disgusting yellow liquid falling out of the cuts the glass made.

"Jared." She whispers quietly as the nurses pull her away from him in the bed, taking her to one of many emergency rooms.

-

After a couple of long and dreadful hours in the busy hospital waiting room, a doctor walks out of the double doors that seperate the waiting room and the emergency rooms.

He looks down at his clipboard and then back up. "Jared Padalecki?" He calls as his voice echoes. Everyone in the waiting room looks up at the sudden voice, Jared shoots up from his chair and walks over.

"Is Ashton okay?" He asks as soon as they get into his office. The doctor's green eyes fill with sadness as he avoids eye contact. "Is there any family we can call?" Jared pulls out his phone and gives the doctor her mother's number.

"What's wrong with Ashton?" He asks after the doctor finished his call with Ashton's mother." The doctor frowns and offers Jared a seat in one of the two chairs.

"Would you like to call some of Ashton's friends, so they can see her one last time." Jared's eyes widen in horror as those words leave his mouth.

"W-what?" Tears are already pouring down his face as if his eyes were taps. "When Ashton stepped in glass a couple of weeks ago, she lost all feeling in her heal. She never told anyone that she was slowly beginning to loose feeling in her whole foot." Jared nods for him to go on.

"Well, the other day when she re-stepped in glass it pushed right through the nerve tissue in her foot and her foot was exposed to infections." Jared feels as if all of this was his fault, he shouldn't have taken her to that stupid bar.

"Her foot got badly infected with the disease Peripheral Neuropathy which will cause her to eventually loose all feeling in her leg." The doctor explains. Jared closes his eyes and lets the silent tears fall down.

"What did you mean when you said 'one last time'?" The doctor sits down himself, putting away his clipboard and looks up at Jared.

"Eventually the disease will spread from her leg to her chest, and if she cannot feel her chest, she cannot breathe." He begins realising what will happen to Ashton in only a matter of weeks.

"Ashton has made her voice on what she would like to happen, you can talk with her now." He opens his office door and holds it open for Jared.

"Isn't there any type of medication? Can't you stop this? You're a doctor!" Jared begins yelling as he scrunched his hands up into a ball.

The doctor shakes his head and sighs. "This is a very rare condition, there's been no cure for it yet." Jared charges out of the office and into the nearest emergency room, Ashton lays there with her eyes closed.