Chapter ➳ thirty;

Chapter thirty of Roasted.

"Okay Ashton, wake up!" Misha calls out as he charges into the hospital room with a bright smile hung upon his pale face.

"What is happening?" Ashton's small eyelids open slowly before she is blinded by the light beaming from outside the hospital window.

"We are taking you out for a walk." Jensen informs as he shoves a hand on the edge of her bed.

Jared stands at the hospital room door and he smiles at Ashton who looks at her casted legs in horror. "I can't even walk?" She questions, her British accent thicker than ever.

Jared pulls out a wheel chair that he had hidden behind the other side of the white walls and Ashton blurts out her contagious laugh.

"Where are we going?" Ashton asks as two nurses rush in and help pick her up from the uncomfortable bed.

"The park." The nurses finally get her into the wheelchair after multiple tries and give each other a high five as Ashton yells out in excitement.

"Thank you Anna and Elsie, I appreciate it." She gives the two nervous nurses a smile as she gets instructed on how to use the wheelchair if needed.

"Be careful please, if anything happens to Ashton it's your fault." The nurse Anna informs with her index finger pointed towards the three boys.

Ashton looks down at her legs and sighs, she cannot even feel above her knees - the feeling is completely uncomfortable.

"Maybe we should stay here, I don't want people staring at me." Ashton suggests as she uses her milky fingers to push the two large wheels towards her bed again.

"No one will stare at you, I promise." Jensen assures her as he looks deep into Ashton's saddened eyes. "Look at me! I look like a fool. I want to stay."

"But-" "okay Ashton." Jared cuts off Misha and walks towards his friend, picking her up by himself and placing her back onto the bed.

"There's no reason in rushing things." He finishes, Ashton smiles at Jared in appreciation as Misha and Jensen nod in agreement.

"Lets leave them two alone." Elsie suggests as she ushers Misha and Jensen out the door, then Anna and her follow, closing the door behind them.

"Has your mother visited?" Ashton nods as Jared takes a seat on the edge of the bed. "Just this morning actually, she left to make some calls and book flights."

"Book flights?" Ashton nods, resting back on the multiple pillows behind her back and looking up at the white painted ceiling.

"Mum wants me to be with her in my home town, for when I.." Jared nods and puts a hand over her cold ones resting beside her body.

"It hasn't sunk in yet you know, I still feel normal. Obviously I can't feel my legs though, it feels like there is nothing under my knees and it's almost too frustrating." Ashton begins as Jared waits for her to continue.

"But I feel like I'm just sick, and in the hospital getting better. I don't feel like I'm going to die." Jared winces at the sentence and closes his eyes.

"Don't think about that." He demands calmly, letting go of her hand and pulling it up to cup her soft cheek. "But I am, Jared."

"I am going to die. In a week, I will be dead. There will be no more Ashton Lee." She chokes somewhere during the last sentence, the reality of the situation hitting her like a ton of bricks.

"I am going to die." Jared pulls Ashton into a massive bear hug as his arms wrap around her shaking body. They sit in that position for what feels like years, but is actually minutes.

"You will make it through this Ashlee, I know you will." Jared kisses her pale forehead and stays sitting next to her tired body, she sniffles and pulls Jared closer.

He lays down next to her and engulfs her into his arms, never ever wanting to let go of her delicate body.