Chapter ➳ thirty two;

Chapter thirty two of - Roasted.

"Ashton is finding it hard to digest her food, is that correct?" The nurse looks at Jared then to Ashton. Jared nods and take Ashton's hand in his, letting his thumb carve invisible scribbles in her skin.

"Yes that is correct." He answers, the nurse looks down at her clipboard and sighs, putting it down into a chair and looking at Ashton.

"I didn't think you would get to this point so quickly. Jared, where is her mother?" The nurse asks while running a hand through her thick black afro.

"She should be in the waiting room sleeping, she didn't sleep all night." The nurse nods and politely excuses herself, walking out of the hospital room.

"What do you think is happening to me?" Jared looks at Ashton, and being completely honest - she looks like a mess.

Her cheek bones desperately trying to pop out of her unnaturally pale, sweaty skin and the purple bags under her eyes signifying her lack of sleep.

"I don't know Ashlee, it's probably nothing serious." Jared lies, looking into Ashton's drained blue eyes to distract himself from the yelling coming from outside.

"Ashton!" Her mother screams as she bursts open the door, running towards her side. "What's wrong?" Ashton asks with her croaky and quiet voice.

"N-nothing." Her mother speaks in a much more calm voice, watching the nurses stern facial expression.

Ashton clutches onto Jared's hand as if it's the only thing keeping her stable in the world. Jared holds eye contact and puts on a weak smile.

"Jared and Mrs. Sugg, visiting hours are now over." The nurse informs with a scowl plastered over her olive skinned face. "But we still have at least thirty-"

"Visiting hours are now over." She repeats. Jared nods and lets go of Ashton's small and shaking hands, giving her a kiss on the cheek before leaving.

"Goodnight Ashton." He speaks gently while walking out of the hospital room. A couple of minutes pass and mrs. Sugg comes out of the room.

"You're not so bad Jared." Is her last words before walking into the elevator and letting the sliding doors close before his tall body.