Chapter 38

Chicago

Now we are in Chicago and ready for nationals since tomorrow is nationals and we have to be ready for everything especially we got the first slot and it's kinda death slot.

But now we are in our hotel room even though we already ready for having rehearsal but Mercedes is laying her body on the bed and get sick.

"What's going on? How bad is it?" Mr. Schue walks in.

"Her temperature's 101 degrees. Given the fact that Weezy's complaining about an upset stomach, it's either Amazonian dengue fever or the H1N1 super virus." Coach Sylvester says to him.

"Or I have food poisoning." Mercedes says weakly.

"We all wanted burritos for lunch, so we went to Chipotle, but Mercedes tried some dive called Seashora Salsation." Santana says to Mr. Schue.

"Will, word, please." Coach Sylvester says and walk little bit further with Mr. Schue.

"Here drink this warm milk." I give the glass of warm milk to Mercedes.

Mercedes sit up a bit and drink that warm milk. "I never get food poisoning before but I remember when my stomach hurt, my dad give me warm milk." I said to her.

"So here's what's gonna happen: Mercedes, you're on bed rest, Quinn, you're stepping in." Mr. Schue says to us.

"No, no, no, I can't dance that number. I can't sing it, either, not like..." Quinn shakes her head.

"The Troubletones need you." Mr. Schue cut her off.

"And you're better than you think you are." Tina says to her.

"Tina, you, too. You're in the Troubletones." Mr. Schue says to Tina.

"Mr. Schue, this is my last competition. I don't want to miss it." Mercedes says weakly.

"Amen, to that, sister. That's why I'm putting you on a vitamin B-12 drip. We're flushing your system with Pedialyte, and I'm gonna fill that bathtub with ice and see if we can't get your ambient body temperature back down to normal. Worked in Jacob's Ladder." Coach Sylvester says and take a silver tube then walk away.

"All right, we all have our marching orders.
Let's do it. Girls, go back to rehearsal after Sue back here okay." Mr. Schue says to us then walk off.

"How the hell I can perform in Troubletones when my feet is still like this?" Quinn sighs.

"You can do that." Sugar says to Quinn.

"Yes, you can." I nodded as agree.

"Where is Hobbit?" Santana frowns.

"Possibly having her rehearsal alone. I dont know." I shrug.

"Or maybe teasing Finn." Tina smirks at me.

"Not gonna happen." I simply said.

"I'm sorry for the last prom. You and Finn are endgame. You are his soulmate and you both meant to be together." Quinn half-smiled at me.

"It's okay. I already forget it." I smile at Quinn. "This is our last competition and it should be the special one." I grin at them.

"Yeah that's true." Brittany nodded as agree.

We just smiling at each other. Yeah this is my last competition and I just want to win and feel how it feels to be the nationals champion for my one last week in McKinley.

~~~~

"I.Am.Tired.As.Hell." I mumbled as I do the choreography.

We've been rehearsing for three hours straight since the lunch time. It's really sucks actually. I'm tired and I guess everyone is also tired.