Ch 13

Ed's POV

It was amazing, being able to remember everything. Some memories were better than others, but they were all mine. When I had lost all of my memories, I had felt so completely vulnerable, like a part of me had been stripped away, and that more than anything had lead to me cheating on Taylor.

I grimaced, I still hadn't told Taylor about my kiss with Cara, and I didn't know when I would. Cara had told me it wasn't my fault, that I wasn't in my right mind and she had taken advantage of me. She had apologized a million times to me, of course, but I didn't blame her, it had been a tough time for everyone. Still, I truly regretted kissing her, not that she wasn't an amazing woman, but now our friendship would never be the same, and I had betrayed Taylor and Harry, which I couldn't let myself live down. Sometimes I was ready to march over to Taylor and fully admit to what I had done in the hopes of forgiveness, but each time I got around Taylor, I became overwhelmed, and I found myself desperately not wanting to break the news that would crush the brightness in her eyes. In those moments, the truth became a burden I feared Taylor's already broken shoulders would not be able to carry.

Taylor was still so fragile, I would wake in the middle of the night to hear her screams echoing off our bedroom walls. When I woke up, I would hold her in my arms and whisper that everything was going to be okay for hours before her broken sobs gave way to a troubled sleep. It was only next to me when she could be her usual self, but even then I noticed her staring in disbelief from time to time as if me cutting vegetables or strumming a few chords on my guitar was a sight that she needed to hold onto in case it ever left her again.

This is also the reason why when I turned on the morning news about two weeks after I had gotten back home from the hospital, and seen the huge report of what had happened the night before, I didn't even think to tell Taylor. After all, with her so fragile, how could she handle the news that Harry had been arrested on the charge of attempting to murder me.