Epilogue: One Chance

Songs for this chapter: One by Ed Sheeran, Sweeter than Fiction by Taylor Swift and Everything Has Changed by Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran

Ten Years Later

Taylor's POV

"Thank you London! We had such an amazing time with you tonight! Good night!" I yelled into the mic over the hordes of screaming fans at the O2 arena. As we all took a final bow my fingers interlaced with Ed's and our conjoined hands were thrown up in the air. We both stood there, panting as we faced the crowd we had been so blessed to entertain in front of for years. Then the floor lowered underneath us, and it all disappeared.

"Great job Taylor," Ed complimented me as he leaned in to kiss me once we were below the stage, reminding me of just how happy I was. Everything we had been through had lead us to here, and I wouldn't change a thing looking back on it now.

"All right you two, break it up, save that rubbish for later," Harry chuckled as he jokingly tore us apart, coming out from the crowd of our team members and backup performers. He was in his tight suit that he had begun to wear almost constantly since he became the judge and producer of the hit tv show X Factor where I had a sneaky suspicion people went to try out just to see him.

"Oh Harry since when did you get to be so sensitive?" Ed teased, never letting his eyes leave me as he did.

"Me? Sensitive? I'll have you know that I have a badass Pingu tattoo so I wouldn't mess with me," Harry feigned being offended then punched Ed in the arm.

"Let's get out of here, our reservation at the restaurant is in twenty minutes," I reminded them. I still needed to get changed out of my costume before we went anywhere, so with an encouraging sentence of how well everyone did tonight I went to my dressing room. This joined tour with Ed had been a major success and had taken us all over the world together for the past three years. At first we almost didn't go because of family reasons but we soon realized we couldn't turn it down. We had performed country to country past hits and new collabs that had gone over very well with the fans. After everything that had happened we still had found a way to get through it all, which is a miracle in its own right.

As I got to my dressing room I slipped  out of my Audrey Hepburn inspired vintage dress I had chosen for the closing number and put on my normal skirt and blouse duo for going out to eat. I was checking my reflection in the brightly lit mirror when there was a faint knock at the door.

"Come in," I called after slipping on my new oxfords.

"Hi Taylor," a faint voice greeted as the door opened. Standing before me was the girl who had gotten on the plane so many years ago, and no matter what taxi cabs and busy streets had never brought her back to me. I was in London but she was in New York and I would break down because she wasn't by my side. And now ten years later she was standing before me not so much aged as matured, her fiery countenance radiating and lighting up the room.

"Abigail!" I was at the door enfolding her into my embrace before the word left my tongue. I breathed in her warm, familiar scent that hadn't changed from the decade we had spent apart.

"Taylor, I'm so sorry for leaving, I just couldn't stand being pulled into all the drama anymore. After almost getting arrested, I realized that I had to separate myself from everything and really start a life for myself," Abigail explained as I pulled away, shame apparent in her eyes. "But that does not mean that I ever wanted to leave you forever. I was just so afraid to call you because I felt like I couldn't say hello to you and risk another goodbye. I could barely force myself to come tonight, but I knew it was time. You have every right to hate me for leaving you-"