Ch 36

Side note, anyone heard about Ed's new album??? I actually can't wait for Sing and x :)

Ed's POV

Taylor's sunken form was violently shaking in the bed as sobs unforgivingly racked her body. I almost wished that she would scream, curse out the world for all the pain it had caused her, but instead she stared blankly at the ceiling mute, suffocated by her sorrow.

"Taylor, love, are...are you alright?" I quietly asked, hoping that she would respond.

She didn't even blink.

How the hell could Abigail have done this to her? Did she have no soul to betray the most kindhearted woman in the world? I struggled to contain my anger as it rose to a boil, and I wanted to break something, anything, just like Abigail had broken Taylor's heart. I felt so powerless as I watched my wife literally break before my eyes, and I was frickin sick of not being able to do anything about it.

"I'm going out," I told Taylor, who didn't so much as wave goodbye.

Yeah, yeah, I was being an terrible person for leaving her, but to be honest, I wasn't going to help Taylor by smashing furniture and if I didn't leave her I was going to flip the dresser over in two seconds and not regret it.

I wanted to find Abigail, make her tell me what the hell had gotten into her, make her pay for the damage she has caused. Of course I couldn't physically hurt her, but I was pretty good at knowing what to say to make her feel like she had been punched.

It was a matter of minutes before I was in my car, and I pulled out almost to the right side of the street.

"Stupid Americans," I grunted, frustrated that I couldn't even drive after my time spent there.

I had no idea where I was even going. Which way did Abigail turn? Left. I did a violent U-turn which evoked some angry honks from the cars around me, but I just stuck my middle finger out the window. I didn't have time for this.

I knew as soon as I got behind the wheel I shouldn't be driving. I was better off driving drunk than whatever this blinding rage was doing to me.

It was at least ten minutes later when my car notified me I had an incoming call from Harry. Great. Sighing, I answered it, not knowing why.

"Ed?" Harry's voice came over the line.

"Yeah, mate? What is it?" I asked, feigning interest.

"Hey, I know you have you're big interview and all," shoot, I had completely forgotten about that stupid interview, "but could you meet me at Mally's? I had a fight with Cara and I just want to get away from this." I snickered. Harry thought he had problems?

I held back the sarcastic comment on the tip of my tongue and instead agreed to meet him in twenty minutes. He thanked me then got off the line.

He sounded pretty upset, and I didn't know what had gotten into me. I just hated being so powerless. There's only so many times a man can watch his wife crumble before he goes mad.

The drive somewhat helped with the anger, but I still was nowhere near being okay. When I entered Mally's, a bar Harry and I frequented, he was already sitting on his usual stool talking to one of the bar tenders with a name tag which read 'Jenna' in big bubble letters who was eyeing him up and down. She didn't bother to even glance in my direction as I sat down on the stool next to him. Nothing I wasn't used to, I was a troll compared to Harry, but it didn't bother me. Not like I wanted the attention of some 40-year-old woman with way too much makeup and an outfit that looks like it was rented from a costume shop.

I didn't even know why I was here. I had promised Taylor that I would stay away from alcohol after I told her about my habits when she had left me, so I wasn't planning on drinking anyway. Looking around I couldn't really figure out how I could have found these places so appealing only a few weeks ago, I was desperately trying to come up with an excuse to leave already.