Chapter Twenty Four

Chapter Twenty Four:

I handed Cry the cup of hot chocolate and sat down at my dining table.

He gave me a small smile and muttered "thanks".

I took a sip of mine and stirred it a bit.

"So I talked to Stacy," I told him.

"And?"

"She told me the same thing you did."

"I told you I wouldn't cheat!"

I nodded, "I'm sorry I didn't believe you. It just, it all added up. The staying out late, never being home, secret messages."

He hung his head, "I know. I'm sorry."

"It's okay. But um, if you're willing, I'd like to work through this."

Cry took my hand across the table and gave it a squeeze, "I would love to. I love you."

"I love you too."

He leaned over and gave me a kiss.

"There's one more thing."

"Hm?"

"I'm going to stay here. It's closer to the school. And until we have everything worked out it may be best to have our own space."

Cry sighed but nodded, "well will you do something for me?"

I gave him a confused look, "sure. What?"

He pulled the ring out of his pocket, "wear your ring?"

I smiled and nodded. He slipped it back on my finger. Where it belonged. I knew that we would have a lot to work out and work through but it would be worth it.

Drying my hair I dropped the towel into the hamper in the corner of my room and headed to my bed. I still wasn't used to sleeping on my own. I had never lived on my own and it was a bit creepy.

Climbing into my bed, I pulled my laptop over to me. I opened Skype and saw that Cry was online. I messaged him.

"Hey. Are you busy?"

The reply was quick.

"Not at all."

Before I could reply he called me on Skype. Clicking answer, I was greeted with his face. It was dark in his room, his face dimly lit by the laptop and the lamp.

"Hey," I said giving him a smile.

"Hey," he said, "how's the apartment?"

I sighed and ran my fingers through my wet hair, "it's an apartment. I still haven't gotten used to coming home and sleeping alone."

"Well, you know if it's okay with you, I could always come over a couple nights and stay with you," he offered with a smile.

I smiled and nodded, "I would like that. But only a couple nights a week. Don't be moving in here."

He chuckled, "I wouldn't do that."

"Yeah yeah. So what are you doing tomorrow?" I asked.

"Well tomorrow is Saturday. So I guess it's time I return to the stream."

"Oh yeah. I heard you hadn't been doing it for a while."

He nodded, "would you like to join us?"

I smiled, "I would lo-"

I was cut off when I heard a noise in the kitchen. I looked down the hallway but could only see dark.

"What? what is it?" Cry asked.