Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty:

"Well that's the last box. Thanks," I said, smiling at Russ as he placed the box with my computer in the living room.

I looked down at my left hand, smiling. The diamond sparkled. I was engaged, and I couldn't be happier.

"Thanks so much for your help," Cry said, coming out from the bedroom after putting my stuff in there.

"Not a problem," Red said, giving me a hug.

"Stay for dinner?" I asked, "You guys went out of your way to help me. It's the least I can do."

"Well if you insist," Russ said with a grin.

I laughed, "I do."

"Isn't that what you should be saying to me?" Cry said with mock shock.

I just rolled my eyes and smiled, walking into the kitchen.

Two months later:

I dropped my keys on the table and kicked my shoes off by the door. I heard Cry's voice coming from the computer room. I walked by and leaned in the door way. I groaned and closed my eyes.

"No. No no no." He pleaded as he looked at the impaled dog.

I was about to ask what he was playing when Clementine came on screen. Must be the new season of walking dead. I remember him telling me it would be out soon.

I headed to our room to take a shower. When I came out I found Cry laying in the bed, watching tv.

"Hey," he said, flashing me a smile.

I smiled back, "hey."

As I got dressed I heard his phone go off. Then again. And again. And again.

"Hmm. Someone's popular," I mused.

He gave a small laugh but said nothing as he looked at his phone. I shrugged and headed back out to the living room. I had decided to take a night class twice a week along with working during the summer and I hadn't even begun to start on the paper due in a week.

I pulled out my laptop and began to search through the sources I had picked out. I heard shuffling in the bedroom. Cry walked out, slipping his shoes on by the door. 

"I'm heading out," he called.

I looked up from my laptop, "Oh. Okay. Where are you going?"

He just shrugged, "Just heading out."

He opened the door and left.

"Oh," I said, "I love you." he didn't answer, he didn't hear it. I sighed and went back to my paper. 

The door creaked open. Opening my eyes slightly, I looked over and saw Cry creeping back in slowly. I looked  at the clock it read "3:19".

I rolled over and after I turned the lamp on.

"Cry?"

He looked at me, "Oh sorry. I thought you were asleep."

"It's fine. It's kinda late."

"Sorry about that, I was out longer than I thought I would be."

I nodded.

"I'm going to take a shower, Don't wait up."

He headed into the shower. I sighed and turned the lamp off. I heard the shower running and I bit my lip. Reaching over I picked up my phone from the nightstand. Opening my mesages, I texted Snake.

"You awake?"

I laid back as I waited for an answer, I didn't have to wait long. My phone buzzed and Iooked at the message quickly,

"Mhm, what's up?"

"Can we talk? I know with what happened things are a bit weird, but I don't know who else to turn to."

"Of course Sophi...you know I'm always here if you need to talk."

"Okay, I'll call you in a minute."

I got up and tiptoed out of the room. I could hear Cry singing in the shower. I headed to the office. Shutting the door I headed to the computer and sat down, propping my feet on the desk. I dialed Snake as I spun in a half circle in the chair. 

"Hello? His voice came through the phone.

"Hey Snake."

I was a bit nervous to be talking to him in such a serious conversation again after what had happened. I wanted to go back to the way it used to be. So I didn't exactly know how to go about it. There was a silence on the phone, neither of us seemed to know what to say.

"So Um, I think there is something going on with Cry," I said, laying my head back on the chair. 

"Why do you say that?"

"He goes out all the time lately. Stays out late. His phone is always buzzing. We haven't sat down and ate a meal together and just talked in almost three weeks!" I cried, frustated. 

I heard him sigh "Sophi. DOn't make yourself paranoid."

I scoffed, I was feeling bitter. "You would be happy if something happened. You would scoop me right up."

He sighed again, "Sophi. I care about you but I want you to be happy and that's what makes you happy so I hope it works out. But if it didn't I would still be here to pick up the pieces."

I smiled slightly, "Thanks Snake."

I twirld my hair on my finger, "I just don't know what to do. You don't think he's...cheating on me do you?"

It hurt to even say the word. 

"No. Not at all. He wouldn't do that. He loves you and you know that. I'm sure there is a reason for it."

I sighed, "I guess you're right."

I heard the shower cut off so I said good bye. Going back into the room, I saw Cry was already in bed, facing the wall. He didn't say anything. I sighed and got into bed rolling awa from him. I bit my lip trying to fight back the tears, closing my eyes and slipping into a restless sleep.