Chapter 27

EMILY'S P.O.V

"Thanks for comforting me. But you can leave now." I mumbled,

"No Em please, I'm just trying to help you," Zayn whispered. His soft fingers travelling the side of my face making me shiver.

"No. In case you've forgotten. You fucked-" I began

"Language." Anne interupted.

"-You did it with my enemy. Twice!"

"Emily please, I need you." He croaked, trying to reach for my hand.

I forced my eyes shut, as I felt myself beginning to give into him. I shook my head and looked too the floor, in hope of him leaving.

His body shifted closer to mine making the awkward moment intimate and heated. It was taking all of my power to hold myself from kissing him right now. Having his lips touch mine was one thing I seemed to be longing for right now.

He pinned my hands up against the wall as his body closed in on the gap between us. His lips smashed against mine so softly and so passionately that my legs began to feel weak under my body and my heart rate decreased so much that it felt like it stopped. He was so relaxed and content even without me kissing back and eventually, he pulled away, steadily closing his eyes and kissing my shoulder.

"I don't want to leave you." He begged,

I sat down on the bed and groaned, "You're making this so hard for me Zayn"

"And I'm so sorry about that," He stuttered resting his arm on my freshly cut thigh, "Please just give me a chance to show you that I love you and only you."

ZAYN'S P.O.V

She shook her head and looked away. I hated this. I hated knowing it was me that hurt her. I didn't want that? That would be the last thing that I'd ever want to make her feel. She was too precious and vulnerable to upset and I swear to god that if I could take back ever meeting Tiffany then I would. In a heartbeat.

I rested my arm on her leg making her unexpectedly whimper.

"S-Sorry, are you okay? Did I hurt you?" I stuttered, slightly brushing my fingers over her thigh.

(A/N: Emily has selfharmed cuts on her leg, but Zayn can't see them because she's wearing sweatpants)

"No I'm fine, just leave me alone." She shyed away

"No you're not. Emily, I would never mean to hurt you and I'm sorry, more then you could ever understand. But please, please, please just tell me the truth becuase I know for a fucking fact that you're not fine." I bleated

The pecks of grey in her paled blue eyes suddenly became noticeable as she looked up at me, wiping the tears from her face with her fist

"You wan't the truth, do you? Then here it is. I'm not fine. To be honest, I'm a mess. The thousands of fresh cuts that currently mark my skin are here, because of you. My heart is aching immensely, because of you, my whole fucking body is in agony because of you! I'm not telling you the truth, because once you know that all the pain that I am in, is here because of you, then you'll hurt yourself. And for some stupid fucking reason, I actually care about you. And I don't want to be the reason for your pain." She cried, shoving the chair over into the wall.

You know how when you're so angry, and so upset that all you want to do is cry? So that the unbearable feeling of dispair and self-hatred; dissapears? Well I couldn't cry, I was trying, but it's like an unknown forcefield was holding back my tears, and making the feeling in my throat larger, and stronger.