Chapter 26

(WARNING: TEARS MAY BE SHRED)

ANNES P.O.V

I laughed at the intoxicated Peter Griffin on the television screen.

For the last two hours Emily and I have been on the couch watching tv, it's gotten my mind away from the 'Harry situation'. He's been gone for two weeks now, and the police are 'trying their best'

Bullshit! If you were really trying your best then Haz would be home, right now, watching television with me.

The knocks on the front door interupted me and Em from the screen, "Who would be knocking at this time? It's 10pm?" Em groaned as she got up and opened the door.

I laughed at her as my eyes stayed on the screen. 

"Anne Cox?" An unfamiliar voice said and I popped my head up from the couch.

Two policemen stood at the door, with a paperclip board and a pen.

Yes! They've probably found Harry!

"That's me!" I shouted running up to them, "Have you found Haz?" 

"We're so so sorry Anne.. Harry was found dead this morning."

I felt my body shrink as every part of me shrivelled up and disapeared. This wasn't supposed to happen..

"If you had found him earlier! He would have been fine!" I cried, slamming the door into their faces and backing up against the door.

I cried, I tried my hardest to stop but I couldn't this nightmare was killing me... Killing me slowly and painfully. Life wasn't a treasure as such it was a punishment. A punishment to the human race to see everything you love die right in front of your eyes until you too, die.

I looked up at Emily, to see her frozen. 

"Anne.. he can't be dead, he.. he can't be," She croaked, tears were falling from her eyes, but her emotion stayed the same.

I couldn't even speak my voice was broken, like my heart was a record that had just been smashed against the floor.

"Anne, can you do one thing for me.. please." Emily whispered and I nodded,

"Just wake up, Anne. Wake up" She sobbed

"What are you talking about?" I stuttered,

"Please,"

--

My body jolted up from the bed. I was sleeping, it was all a dream.. Just a dream

"Anne, you were crying in your dream and I think we were having the same dream.. well nightmare, so I came to wake you up." Emily mumbled and I looked up at her.

Her hair was so messy, her eyes were red and her face was stained with tears.

"Thank you, Emily." I smiled and she looked confused, getting into the bed with me, "You're saving me from the nightmare which is reality. Without you I would have already committed. But I'm here because I know that without me you would have too committed. And then neither of us will be able to see Harry, because I promise you that we will see him, happy and healthy."

She softly cried, "I miss them Anne, I miss Danny, I miss Mum, I miss Haz, I miss Bruce and I... I miss Zayn, I need him, I need him so much right now,"

My heart broke for her, I wonder how hard everything would be for her. She's losing everyone.

I looked back at her and she was fast asleep. I was so relieved. My Hazzy isn't dead. Hopefully.