Vacay in New York pt. 2: Double Date

Dedicated to SakuraPhan17 for requesting this. I hope I don't disappoint. 

PoV - Magnus

We meet Percy and Annabeth at some point in the morning after getting dressed and all that good stuff. I was just expecting us to get the hotel breakfast, but they would not have that. And by they I mean Annabeth. I don't think Percy would have minded the hotel breakfast. 

She said that we are going to eat breakfast at some restaurant that had an appealing name. She assured us that it is very good and that she and Percy have gone there plenty of times. 

So we make our way there, Percy and Annabeth leading the way while Alex and I follow. We hold hands, and yes, we do get some looks from people we encounter along the way. They assured us that New York is a very safe town to walk around, as long as you are smart. Even still, I got some anxious feelings in my gut at the mixture of looks some people gave Alex and me. 

Some were looks of happiness; people that saw Alex as a male (which she isn't right now, she is indeed a female) and thought we were a gay couple, and they liked that we showed it. 

Others were looks of disgust. Those that hated gays, that thought it was gross, that thoughtlessly used words like "faggot" or "fag" or "dike" or others. I don't even like thinking them. I'm not usually a very violent person outside of battle, but those types of people just made me want to hit them where it would really hurt. 

Some people had a confused look. Probably people that initially thought Alex was a boy, but second guessed it when they saw us holding hands. Perhaps thinking that maybe she was a girl, but unsure. 

I tried my best to ignore them. Alex's hand was gripping mine tightly and I could tell that she was seeing them all too. I pulled her closer and lifted her hand to lightly kiss it. 

"It's alright Alex. There's too many people around here to worry about what any of them think or look at us like." I say reassuringly. 

She sighed. "I know Maggie." Was all she said. 

I thought I had spoken quiet enough, but apparently Annabeth had heard and I saw her whisper something to Percy. Then they slowed down so they were walking beside us. 

"Don't worry about those losers, alright? You two are awesome people and honestly adorable together." Percy says. I had a feeling this guy would accept anyone regardless of gender or sexuality. He seems like he has even had a gay or something of the like friend. 

"Thanks Percy." I say while Alex nods in agreement. I see a slight blush on her cheeks, but I don't pay it too much attention.

After they moved beside us I noticed that people weren't looking at us anymore. They were even moving to avoid us. I looked over at Percy and the look in his eyes honestly scared me. He stared daggers at anyone to even glanced the wrong way at Alex and me. He noticed me looking and instantly the look disappeared and was replaced with the kindness that was there before. He smiled at me.

"Don't worry man. I just know how to make people back off."

Gods what has this guy been through to develop that kind of look? To be so hardened he could deter someone with just a look. I can only imagine. 

Eventually we made it to the restaurant. 

Later because the meal was fairly uneventful other that Magnus and Percy having a competition over who could eat more faster while Annabeth and Alex watched with a mixture of slight disgust and major amusement. Anyway.

"So now what do you have planned for the day?" Alex asked outside the restaurant. 

"Now we are going to visit our camp." Annabeth says. My heart jumped a little at the idea of visiting their greek demigod camp. "Don't worry, it'll be great. Some people might assume gender on you Alex, but once we give a brief explanation, they will be totally fine with it. Everyone is very accepting."