Battle Wounds

PoV - Magnus

Things aren't going great right now. It's the middle of a battle, but not an ordinary, einherji practice battle. This is a real deal battle. Outside of Valhalla. I'm using Jack to the best of my abilities to take out enemies. I'm afraid to let him go on his own because right now, I don't feel like being unprotected. 

Suddenly a familiar voice pierces through the battle sounds. There's only one person that could be. It's definitely not Sam's voice. 

Alex. 

Oh gods. 

"AHHH" she shrieks in pain. "HELP, THERE'S TOO MAN-" but she is cut off and then comes another cry of pain. 

I can't stand the sound of it. My insides fill with fire and I thrust Jack in the air and cry out. Suddenly every one and thing in the battle drops their weapons. I did it. I didn't even mean to, but I did. 

I don't have time to be tired though. 

"Jack, take care of as many of them as you can."

"Got it, senor." And he flies away, slashing and killing as he went. Deadly. 

I rush towards Alex's voice.

"ALEX!" I call. My call is responded to with another cry. 

I find my way to her. "Alex, oh my gods!"

She is not in good shape. There is a gash tearing through her side, bleeding profusely. There is a laceration on the side of her face and her arms had several slashes.

I know she normally didn't want me to heal her, but I had to do this. There's no way I could get her to Valhalla in time, and NO way I am letting her die. 

I place my hands on her, concentrating. Warmth spreads from my hands and her injuries begin to mend as I put all of my energy into this. Alex's eyes find mine and there's a different emotion in them. I don't know... I can't, I can't think about her like a crush right now, I have to save her. No looking her in the eyes. Just heal. 

After several minutes, her body is free of lacerations and injuries. But there would still be an effect. She would be physical incapable for hours at the very least. I look around and Jack had certainly done his job well, with help from Samirah. 

"Sam!" I call. "I have to get Alex back to Valhalla. I will meet with you later, okay? Rest and heal up. Doctor's orders." She just nods, tired but not injured. She does her Valkyrie thing and is gone. 

I pick up Alex in my arms, refusing to feel tired. I run towards the entrance to Hotel Valhalla. It takes ten minutes. Alex has lost consciousness in my arms. Good, she needs rest right now. I might die from this, but it'll be worth it. 

I finally make it back and I carry her right to her room, ignoring T.J. when he tries to greet me as I fly down the hall. 

I set her in her bed. I think about leaving to my own room, but I'm worried about her. Then I remember that all this is going to kill me once I take hold of Jack and my adrenaline runs out. So I get back to my room, turn around and take Jack in my hand. Sure enough, I immediately black out and feel the emptiness of being dead. Oh well. 

PoV - Alex (female) 

I wake up back in my bed. The last thing I remember is Magnus picking me up and running... He healed me. I was so close to dead, so cut up and torn apart. I should have been dead. But then Magnus showed up. I vaguely wondered how we weren't immediately getting destroyed by enemies, but my mind was too boggled to care. Then I felt the warmth and saw Magnus begin to glow. Brighter and brighter and brighter to where I couldn't even look at him. I felt my wounds mending. Felt warmth spread through me. Then my mind is whisked away and I'm seeing... I'm inside Magnus' head. Wait, shouldn't this be reversed?