PeRfEcT PuZzLe PiEcE

Chapter 15 

Tara's POV

I told James everything that has happened in the past couple of weeks. He was mad at how I didn't call him sooner, but he was just glad that I was still alive. He also said that they will be trying to listen in on the conversation with Blake, since I never came around to it. So I just transmitted the bug code to them so they could download the audio file. Sad really, I kept saying I was going to listen to it, but never did. Oh well. 

I also had to inform Blair in on everything. She was kind of involved in this now. I even tried to take James' advice and ease into it, but Blair wasn't playing any games. She had the fat lady singing in no time.

God, I'm such a pathetic agent. 

Blair took it better than i thought. I answered all of her questions with ease. How Damien was my uncle, my mothers brother. And how he used to be my gaurdian, until he went crazy looking for my parents with all of these conspiracies against the government. Rumor has it that he had been working on some dangerous weapon, and it dissapeared around the same time my parents did. I skipped any question about Tyler, it was still too soon. The only hard part was trying to convince her that her boyfriend was one of the bad guys. I knew that hse loved him, i could tell, but that wasn't going to alter the facts. Remmington, Bryce, Spencer, and Blake were possibly some very dangerous people. I understood that Blair needed time to process that so I had just left her alone. Even after confessing all of that to her, the gears were still running in my brain. Who were the people in the building? Why was Damien in such a rush to get them to leave, before I had arrived? Wad 'T' who I really thought it was? Why now? What the heck is going on in my life? What did Blake look like under all of those sexy tight clothes he wore?

Okay, maybe not the last one....

Maybe.

But that didn't change the facts. I was putting together a puzzle and a few of the pieces had mysteriously gotten up and walked away. But, as I was lookingaround for them I found one, a perfect match. 

Remmington, Bryce, Spencer, and Blake worked ofr Damien, and they were the ones that were in the building. That was the voice I recognized, it was Blake's. The phone calls, late night meetings, the lesbian strip club. No one would suspect that they would be code dealing in a strip club, for lesbians. And if they were able to break into files that were, supposedly, heavily gaurded, they can't just pick and choose. They have to go through the whole list, in order. They had the codes, why not use them? They intstead gave them to people who would need them. The people in hiding were hidden for a reason, if people, dangerous people, were to find them, they were at their mercy. That's why so many people were going missing, while many otehrs were being relocated. But how far down were my parents? How much longer until they found them, and what woudl happen then? Surely, Damien would want their location. He has gone crazy, insane, all he can think about is vengence. There were still many questions, but I had enough information to call James. I had enough information to make the next step in this mission. 

I reached for my phone, but before I could there was a knock. Not at my bedroom door, but at the front one. I opened my door and stuck my head out, to see Blair do the same. We were both wearing matching confused faces, thinking the same thing. Neither of us were expecting anyone. I shrugged and made my way down stairs, I was guessing it was Chance, or Brian, asking for sugar or something like that. Imagine my surprise when I am greeted by three smiling guys, and one smirking idiot. Ugh, and to think that I could have just gone to sleep! I was so done with these boys at this pount, dispite my sexual fantasies, that may or may not appear in my dreams, about Blake. Damn these life ruiners. blake stepped up and pulled me in for a hug, he smelled like Old Spice, The man your man could smell like. Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice, and not a lady. I'm on a horse, okay, now was not the time. "Aren't you glad to see us?" I rolled my eyes, but he couldn't see because he was still hugging me, "Extremely". My discomfort grew, when all the guys said 'awww' and came in for a group hug. I don't know why they thought that what I said was sincere because my voice was dripping with sarcasm. 

Someone cleared their throat behind me, and normally I would have been fine with that, happy really, just only if that person wasn't Blair. I pushed the boys away from me and stood in front of Blair. "We have company" I tried to say with some sort of enthusiasm, but failed miserably. I was really searching her eyes to see if she was okay, this may have been too soon for her. I kind of just told her that the guy she loves could be some kind of murderer. Well not that serious, but he is still dangerous. I could tell Blair was uncomfortable, even though she wasn't even looking at me, she was looking at Spencer. 

Poor Blair. My poor heartbroken Blair. I have no idea how this must feel. I mean I guess it hurt when I figured that Blake works for my crazy uncle, but those feelings should just go away. I'm pretty sure that Blair saw Spencer in her future. Spencer was Blair's perfect puzzle peice. And Blake was mine.

Ignore that, It cam from no where, like really my heart was just doing something to my brain fro a second. I think I'm around Blake too much. His Old Spice is messing with my brain. The chemicals are making me mental. But so is this awkard silence. 

I cleared my voice, tearing Blair's gaze away from Spencer's for a moment, now that she was looking at me I knew how much she was hurting. Not exactly, but I had an idea. Ugh. I'm going soft, and I don't know weather or not that's a good think or not. It's probably neutral. "Let's all come in, so we don't look like weirdo's just standing in the doorway." I guess I had to do something right. Blair looked super uncomfortable, Spencer kept glancing at her trying to peice together what was wrong, Blake kept glancing at me, and I was just looking everywhere, anywhere really, as long as it wasn't at him. I didn't know what was wrong with me, but I have to stay in character. 

When we all sat down, we kind of just stared at each other. I could sense Blair slowly breaking, and instead of pity I felt alert. You could see that she was holding back tears, and I was trying to glare at her to try to keep her quiet, but it just wasn't working. I was trying to think of ways I could, but slowly all of the attention was turning to Blair. I was panicking. This was a whole new situation for me. I could easily react fast to a gun being pointed to my head, or being hung from the top of the Empire State Building, but my roomate about to break into tears? That was a whole new unmarked territory. 

"Blair, what's the matter?" Of. Fucking. Course. 

Spencer just had to open his big yapper and say something, why couldn't he just let her break down into tears nad run out of the room, like in the movies. But no, he had to freaking talk! Ugh!

Blair just had tears streaming down her face as she pulled up her sleeves. I was confused for a second, until I remembered that hse had mild rope burn. All of the boys gasped and I was biting my tongue to the point I was sure it was going to fall off. I was starting to taste blood. This definately wasn't good. I knew that for a fact, especially when Spencer walked up to Blair and tried to calm her. To make things worst, Blair flinched away and started crying harder. I was pretty sure I was glaring holes through her head. All of the boys looked at me, as if I was going to explain to them. Spencer looked at me accusingly and Remmington, Bryce, and Blake looked like they were piecing together the puzzle pieces. 

Wasn't today such a great discovery day. Note sarcasm.

"What the hell did you do to her!?", well Spencer you aren't going to get what you want by yelling, now are we...Spencer took a step closer to me, leading to me to the conclusion that the comment I just made was aloud. I am thoroughly screwed. 

Blair grapped his wrist in an attempt to calm him down. It worked though, because his eyes softened, at the sight of her. While Spencer was busy inspecting her, Blake made a move forward. He was busy sizing me up, I could tell. 

As far as I knew we had both found the last piece to the puzzle. Because his eyes widened and he pointed to me, "Your her", I'm pretty sure that it was meant to be a question but came out like a statement. Everyone's head snapped towards me, and I don't think i was prepared for what happened next.

Bryce pulled out a knife and threw it, full speed, towards me.

Towards my heart to be exact.

About 4-5 more chapter and an epilogue <3

Txx