Chapter 4 - 5 years later....

Edited

Chapter 4 - 5 Years Later...

I've been standing at this sink for hours now, washing the same plate, over and over again. My hands look like prunes and the tears stained my cheek. This is me! The 'new' me. I don't particularly like it...... who am I kidding, I absolutely hate myself! I hate myself for ever giving in! I hate myself for letting him do this to me! Making me a 'woman' quicker than I should have. Thanks to him, I have turned into an emotional wreck. Thanks to him, I have been put through having to go through giving birth once and I will be going through it again soon, alone again probably. Bare in mind... I'm only 17! As on cue, someone pulled on my sweater. I look down to see a pair of hoping blue eyes beaming up at me.

"Hey, little guy!"

James. My first son. Shining blue eyes. Bleach blonde hair. Innocent smile. He is too young to be in this mess! I wish I had a suitable relationship when I had him but I didn't. The father of my children is my own Uncle Jack.

"Daddy's home!" he smiled at me.

Just hearing James call Jack his 'Daddy' makes me gag and want to throw up all over the place.

I felt the colour drain out of my face once again, as it does every time I see him.

The front door opened and closed again. Footsteps got louder and louder as he got closer and closer. My heart was beating so fast that I am surprised that it didn't burst out of my chest. My temperature rose considerably, making me sweat all over.

"Daddy!" James ran over to him, jumping into his arms.

"Hey little man!" He kissed him on his forehead and put him down again.

He started to make his way over to me. I pretended that I was busy washing up but he knew me too well.

"Are you okay honey?" He stroked my cheek. I flinched, trying to hide my fear of him. Just him saying the word 'honey' makes me nauseous.

"Are you not talking to me?"

I gave a half-hearted smile.

"That's better now!" He turned me, kissed my forehead, and moved down to the huge bump-more like a mountain- and started talking to it. It was making me really awkward. "Hey baby man" he kissed my stomach and I winced from his unwanted touch.

I've always found it strange how people spoke to the baby in the mother's belly. I mean... it's not even alive. To be honest, it might as well be. The thing won't stop moving or kicking!

By the time I had rocked up from my thoughts, he had already gone to his study. I have been living with him for 5 years now and I still don't know what his job is. Sometimes I don't even want to know but others, I wonder what he goes out to do. Every morning I wake up and he is gone and then he comes back the same time every evening. Does that not sound creepy to you?

"Mummy, can I watch tv please?"

"Yeah, sure baby"

"Thanks" He ran into the lounge and collapsed onto the couch. The same couch it happened on. The same couch I got sexually abused by my Uncle 5 years ago.

It was then I realized how many undesirable memories there were everywhere in this house. Memories with my Mum and Dad. Memories of that night 5 years ago. I want to get out. I want to pack my things and go. Tomorrow. When Jack was at work. He has never let us go out. Ever. Now was the time. No time like the present. No turning back. Just running and hiding. The past comes flooding back. I have to do the same things all over again;but this time, I know where to hide, where not to go. This time... we are going to win!