Chapter 6 - Flashback

Edited

Chapter 6 - Flashback

Saturday 24th December 2006

"Mum!"

"Yes sweetheart"

"Can you help me with this please?"

"Coming up now"

I was attempting to wrap Dad's Christmas present but all I have done so far is wrap myself up in Sellotape. For us, Christmas is the best time of the year, besides New Year. It is a time of hope and happiness. It is a time for family to get together and exchange gifts.

"You have made such a mess over this, Fleur"

"Urm... ha ha?"

Within a minute, Mum had wrapped the present up and cleaned everything away for me. She was truly a wonderful and loving parent!

"I don't know what I would do without you"

"Me neither!" We laughed.

Sunday 25th December 2006

"Merry Christmas!"

All of us were around the tables eating our roast turkey. Mum and Dad were round one side. Nan and Grandad were round the other. On another table was Peter and his girlfriend Wendy sitting with cousins, Ben and Daniel. I sat with my best friends Lily and Chelsea and cousin Millie.

Suddenly the door slammed open. There, in the doorway, stood our Uncle Jack. His face was red with fury and he looked as though he would kill whoever he could get to first.

"Hello Jack. Of what matter do we have the pleasure of your presence?" Nan always like to speak properly.

"Don't act all nice! Why haven't I been invited?"

No one answered him. We just all looked at each other, waiting for the other to speak.

"That's what I thought. This won't be the last time you hear from me!"

"Of course it won't. You are part of the family"

"Well it won't just be one family member gettng hurt in their life..."

As he said that, he glared at me. Without another word, he turned on his heel, walked out of the door and slammed the door shut behind him. With the force of the slam, the small piece of glass shattered.

I knew from that moment that I would be the victim of his evil ways and I would never be able to escape.