Chapter 8 - Our Saviour

• Dedicated to Anyone who is ready right now :) xxxx

Edited

Chapter 8 - Our Saviour...

I woke up to find myself lying on an unknown bed. I look around. I was in a simple, cosy-looking log cabin. There was a small fireplace in one corner and a fluffy rug in front of wooden rocking chair. The lights were turned on. I look to my right to see...-

"AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!" I screamed. I had turned to see a sleeping body lying in the chair next to the bed. It was a boy He seemed to be peacefully sleeping until I woke him suddenly. His head shot up and his eyes shot open.

"Don't freak out!"

"What do you mean "don't freak out"? Why can't I? I just woke up to find myself lying in someone else's bed, in the middle of nowhere, and then find some random person sleeping next to me!"

"Yeah, it looks kinda bad but I thought you were dead!" He scratched the back of his neck.

"I think I was!" I recall all of the events that happened recently but the very last thing I remember is darkness. "Please tell me where I am and who you are"

"I am Lucas Reed, I am 18 years old. You are in my family's log cabin in New York"

I thought. New York? New York City? I came from New Jersey! Are you telling me that I walked God knows how many miles to where I am now? Is that even possible?

"May I ask who you are?" Lucas's voice snapped me out of my thought-train.

"Oh...urm... I'm Fleur Parker, I am 17 and I am from New Jersey!" I gave him a half-hearted smile.

"New Jersey? How did you get this far out?" He asked with his eyebrows raised.

"Urm... we walked?"

He stared at me with a puzzled and shocked look on his face.

"We?" He paused. "Oh my God! Have I left someone out in the woods?" He went to stand up. I put my hand on his to assure him.

"No, no-one got left behind. Well... my... my son... he... well... he..." I couldn't form any words because of the rising lump in my throat every time I think or talk about James.

"It's okay. You don't need to say anything" He put his hand on mine. I smiled in appreciation. I don't know why it seems so easy to talk to Lucas. I mean... he is a total stranger to me. We looked at each other for a while, just staring into each other's eyes. He broke the gaze first and stood up.

"So... do you need anything? Food? Drink? Is the baby okay?"

I look down at my ever-growing mountain. Now that I think about it, I haven't eaten or drunk anything in several days. Just the thought of food makes my stomach grumble.

"I'll take that as a yes to being hungry!" He laughed, hearing my stomach. I laughed with him. "Yeah, if it's not too much of a problem then, that would be fantastic!"

"Of course it's not a problem! A full breakfast coming up!"

I giggled and a smile grew on my face.

As he turned away, I took it as my chance to analyze my... well, our... savior. He had brown hair that he styled to lift up at the front. He had hazel brown eyes that you could lose yourself in. He had those perfect, soft-looking lips that girls could only dream of kissing and... hold up. Am I checking out a total stranger? I didn't even get a chance to answer my own question before he answered it for me.

"Are you checking me out?" He had turned around without me even noticing. A playful smirk grew on his face.

"Oh...urm...urm... NO!" I decided.

He laughed. "Don't worry about it. I don't mind. To be honest with you, I was checking you out!" I blushed at this comment. "Oh...urm...sorry. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable or anything-"

"No, it's fine" I offer him a smile. He returned the favour.

For the first time, I actually felt my age. I actually felt like a 17 year old. I was actually flirting with someone my age! Well, around my age, anyway.

"Breakfast is served!" He came over with a tray full of food. Eggs. Bacon. Hash Browns. As I bit into one of them, it melt in my mouth immeadiatly.

"Mmmm...." I groaned. "This is simply the best!"

He laughed. "Well, thank you Fleur! I know that my food is .... simply the best...!"

"Oh my God! I love that song!"

"'...Cause you're simply the best..."

"...Better than all the rest..."

We sung and we laughed until we could laugh no more. I clutched onto my stomach and he doubled over. My eyes released tears.

This is the best day of my life...even if that doesn't say a lot.

Song used:

"The Best" by Tina Turner