Chapter 13 - I'm Not Ready

Edited

Chapter 13 - I'm Not Ready

What am I meant to do? I'm not ready for this! I mean... sure I have gone through this once already so I know what pain is coming but come on...I'm only 17! Calm down Fleur! You can do it! I breath deep breaths slowly. My stomach is throbbing in pain as Lucas runs into the cabin with a bunch of towels and a doctor. I'm scared. What if it goes wrong. I wonder if you have guessed yet. That's right, I'm in labour.

"Push!" I pushed. As hard as I could. If this baby wanted to come out, then he would fucking come out! My goodness, pain does weird things to you.

"Wwaahh!"

Finally. The pain had gone, most of it. I opened my eyes to see a little face looking up at me. Her eyes dainty and sparkly. Her body so small I feel like I would break it by just touching her. She's beautiful. No sign of Jack in her at all. And let's hope it will stay like that!

"Congratulations Fleur" Lucas whispered. "Its a girl" He kissed my forehead and I melt under his soft touch.

All of a sudden, I feel as though I actually was melting. My vision went blurry and my limbs became weaker by the second. I can't do this. I can't die. Not again. I have just delivered the most wonderful thing you can give the world. My daughter. The doctor seems to notice the deterioration if my health and immediately gets to work.

"Lucas step back please."

"Why, what's happening?" Even in my state, I see the worry in his eyes and the concern in his voice.

"I need you to step back Lucas!"

He obeyed his orders but his eyes never left mine. He looked do vulnerable and full of pain.

My eyelids got heavier and heavier, sleep welcomed me with its warm arms.

"Fleur. Stay awake for me!"

"I'm tired." I managed I say. "Just let me sleep"

"But Fleur-"

"Lucas! She has just given birth. He needs rest. She will not be leaving you just yet."

The doctor excused himself and left, leaving Lucas and I behind.

He planted a soft kiss on the lips and mumbled: "Stay with me forever"

I used all of the energy I had left to nod.

I glanced down to the new baby. My new baby girl. Her name...