4; Meet up

The drive to the farm Daryl and Rick planned to go to was cut short as there was a blue jeep parked in the middle of the road keeping them from driving forward. The car the two men were in was facing the back of the jeep and they couldn't see why it was stopped. Maybe it was deserted. Perhaps not.

They parked their own car quite a bit away from the jeep as the thought it was a destraction and either got their vehicle stolen or they would get killed.

They both got out the car and walked slowly - quietly towards the jeep. They could hear small noises from the front but they had no idea what it was, it didn't sound like walkers - more like quite groans in annoyance.

They were both confused, Rick more than Daryl as had had the slightest idea of what it could be. "Hello?" Rick called out; the noise stopped.

"Who's there?" A voice from the front of the jeep called out. It sounded familiar to Daryl but yet he couldn't put a face to the voice, he was confused but at the same time he was eager to know who it was.

The person stepped into view with a small knife held out with both hands, her greasy teal hair was sticking into the hood of her black hoodie and her jeans covered in dried blood from the many walkers she had killed. Daryl could see her long katana in its holder on her back, obviously ready to use.

Her knife lowered to her side when she caught eye contact with Daryl, a small -yet obvious smirk had made its way on her face. Daryl sighed in annoyance and thankfulness that it was only Quinn. Maybe if he hadn't dreamed about her last night he wouldn't have felt awkward around her, as if she knew he had that dream.

"I said, who are you" she said once more, mainly to Rick as she knew who Daryl was - the constant run-ins they had in the couple of days they knew each other. She wanted to keep hers and Daryl secret safe, not wanting anyone to know.

Rick held out and hand as a sign of peace, to calm the woman down in front of him. His voice shaky "I'm Rick, and this is my friend Daryl" he told her as she changed the way stood - more confident than before. "What's your name?" He asked her after she was quiet in talking once he had told him his name

"Samantha, but you can call me Sam" she said, Daryl's eyes locked with hers once more and his eyebrows furrowed together in confusion. Either she had lied to him at the start or this was the way to hide their secret.

"Sam, how many walkers have you killed?" Rick asked her as she tried to hold back a giggle. Daryl had asked her that same question before, threatening to kill her because she was too cocky

"I've lost count" she simply said, not wanting to start another fight with the same person and his friend. Even though rick had asked her the question she could only fixate her eyes on Daryl, he was close enough to see the details on his face she didn't see before. His blue eyes squinted as the sun was far too bright and his muscles tenced as he tried to look harder, more intimidating

"Why have you stopped?" Rick went on and on with question after question and Quinn only wanted to get back to fixing her broken down truck. Everything she owned was in that truck and that's were she slept, after modifing it so that no walkers could actually see her in her truck she'd have peaceful night sleeps. Quinn thought how to answer that question she was given, lie to them again or just tell him. She couldn't decide

"My truck has broken down" she told the truth, Rick's mouth formed into a small smile after hearing that - knowing he'll get a chance to help her. Maybe even bring her back to Alexandria, but Rick never knew the intentions of the girl in front of him. Silent, constant killing - one after another, falling down like dominoes and after killed each member that lived in the community was dead; report back to Negan that Alexandria is gone. But of course Rick couldn't just assume that she's do anything that absurd - to harm the people who got her shelter and fresh food. But he could never be too careful.

"We could help, I've got tools in our car. if you'd let us?" Rick kindly asked, if it wasn't for knowing Daryl she would have declined - she didn't know Rick, she couldn't trust him. But of course she couldn't pass this opportunity to annoy the shit out of Daryl, and obviously it was her specialty

"That would be a great help, honestly" she said, watching Rick smile in return as he retreated back to his car to look for the tools as Daryl stayed with the girl that smirked at him as to say why are you even here?

"Samantha? So Quinn was just a cover up" Daryl said, getting closer to her - resting his right hand on her jeep. The same one they both sat beside each other in. Quinn smirked at him.

"No, I just don't want him knowing my real name incase I somehow come up in a conversation and he doesn't know who Quinn is." She said, Daryl kinda understanding what she means. He noticed how her pupils in her eyes enlargened, mostly black than green now. It was weird seeing how easily her eyes could go black without her knowing. She looked souless, but that didn't change what he thought about her

The cling behind them stopped their conversation, it was the sound of Rick dropping the tool box on the ground before he opened the hood of the car and instantly black smoke came steaming out the vehicle.

Rick coughed as he blew the smoke away with his hand, it blew up in the air and circled around and around by the wind - eventually disappearing into the air above, leaving a discolouration in the sky for a few seconds. But nobody seemed to care, they kept focus on the engine - trying their best to fix the problem.

Ricks hands worked on the metal and the wires, sparks fired everywhere - but none made Rick jump back. It was almost like he wasn't scared of anything, maybe the apocalypse has made him the opposite of what he used to be. Perhaps not, maybe he's been like this his whole life - but she'd like to think the change in this world has changed him too.