~FOUR~

After getting pulled away from the dramatic scene with Karkat, the boy started to walk towards me. I panicked and chose to just (TOTALLY unssupicuously [note the sarcasm]) run nervously out the front door. Of course, with my luck, I ran straight into something.

Scratch that, someone. I fell back into the door, which hurt my spine. I winced I  pain and looked up at the absolutely cruel person who accidentally walked in front of me as I ran outside have a breakdown. Okay, it was my fault, but still-

"Falling for my charisma already? Or is it my irony? Perhaps it's just my personality," Dave's thick, Texan accent filled my ears. I simply groaned and leaned forward, still on the ground, to rub my back.

"As if. The only way I'd fall for you is if I was tripped," I mumbled. I saw him hold his hand out to help me up, but I stubbornly just gave him a high-five and pushed myself up of the ground. It was barely audible, but I faintly heard him scoff at me.

"Why exactly are you at my house?" I asked him.

"Why are you at your house? It's in the middle of school," he replied.

"Why aren't YOU in school! Just answer my question, idiot," I jokingly smacked his arm.

"I came to your house to check on you. I'm not in school because I simply ditched," he spoke, "your turn."

"Okay, okay. I'm not at school because Karkat and I fell asleep together and when we woke up late we just stayed home," I explained. Dave raised an eyebrow, and I immediately understood why, "We didn't actually purposefully fall asleep like, in the same bed or whatever we just fell asleep during a movie."

"Oh. Okay. Now let me in," he said, walking toward the door.

"Hey! Whoa! Not by the hair on my chinny chin chin! Back up, bub!" I said, standing between the man and the wooden door.

"Why?" He questioned, trying to push me out of the way even though I stood my ground.

"Because you can't just waltz into people's homes, that's why! I don't mean to sound rude, but shoo!" I pushed him back. Dave looked almost sad, but waved a quick little wave and walked away. I smiled and waved back. The door burst open, hitting me once again. This time I was knocked forward and landed on the cement in front of my grandma's house.

"Ohmygogimsosorryareyouokaywhathaveidonedoineedtodocprpleasehelpmeout-" Karkat quickly blavvered apologies, but I shut him up by sighing and saying, "Wow. You opened that door really strong."

"I'm sorry I didn't come out here sooner I was conflicted and I wasn't sure if I should just leave you alone but then I thought I heard a bang and them I heard another voice and-" I put a hand over his mouth.

"Dude chill," I smiled, taking my hand away to boop Karkat's nose. He looked grumpy, but looked at me sincerely.

"Hey, can we get out of here? I mean, go somewhere," Karkat said, pulling me by the hand towards Grandma. I nodded, not really knowing where to go so not saying. Grandma said we could go to the nearest store, then handed us money. Sadly, we couldn't drive because neither of us had a car. We decided to walk.

"So... (Y/N), to pick up our conversation, I still love you," Karkat spoke out of the blue. He looked into my eyes and I could see thick layers of emotions.

"Karkat... I don't want to do this right noe," I blushed, turning away from the boy.

"No! I mean, no. We need to get through this. Whether we're going to be friends or more, we need to get the issue on the table. I'm fine with rejection, I just don't want either of us to bottle up feelings," he spoke, placing his hand on my cheek and turning my head towards him. My eyes watered and began to leak with tears. Gee, that was what, the third time this kid had made me cry already?

I didn't know what to day, so I pulled his face toward me. He got the message and leaned in, pressing his lips gently against mine. I shut my eyes and felt the warmth of his soft lips mingling with my own. His arms snaked around my waist and he pulled me closer, and I wrapped my arms around his neck. We pulled away only to catch our breath. I started him in the eyes, already missing the feeling of his lips on mine.

"W-was that bad?" He stuttered, bright red covering his whole face. I smiled and kissed him quickly.

"That was perfect."