~FOURTEEN~

((800 reads??? AHHH Thank you ALL for all the love you've shown my story and I! I'm so proud to be writing it. Have an amazing day and be a wonderful person <3))

"So I guess that one girl from school is in on this?" Dave questioned. Rose, Kanaya, Karkat, Dave, 2 kids who had been sick named Sollux and Aradia, and I sat together in a room very similar to an official office meeting room. Rose told us we would be discussing our plans for the future of the poison and ourselves.

"Yes. In fact, quite a few people are attempting to solve it. While we try collecting data from our relatives, others have found their own tactics. Vriska is searching for some sort of supposed vaccine to this sickness, but she claims she needs more people to get sick before she can figure it out. She wants to gather a team to work on it." Rose explained.

"I didn't know she wath into biology. Maybe the's not as shallow ath she lookth." Solid snorted.

"Yeah. Anyway, Vriska's older sister Aranea says she may know someone very emotionally close to the creator of this poison," Kanaya explained, "Aranea believes this mystery person could possibly be key to our success."

"John and Jade are helping. They're doing like we did but in a much cooler place than this stupid horror house," Dave complained. I smiled at him. He was actually kind of a dork for such a cool kid.

"That's probably because they're actually trying to solve this stupid sickness instead of sitting around talking about other losers like us losers," Karkat groaned, smacking his hand against his forehead. I giggled at him, too. My boys were so adorkable.

"They're also trying to help, but despite their 'cooler place' they have very limited resources. Their guardians won't allow them to meet us here but we can still plan this out," Rose sighed. She was so patient with all of us! It was almost crazy.

"Um, I have a question," I fumbled out. I was nervous because I felt so clueless and put of place.

"Yeah?" Dave inquired. I didn't know what it was, but I could feel reassurance in his tone. Maybe I was getting used to his voice. There's nobody on this wide planet that can ever feel nothingness.

"Uh, am I allowed to go home?" I asked. I was worried for my Grandma, and she was probably worried about me, too. I wanted to go see the house again. I missed it a lot, almost as much as I missed the touch of my grandma when she didn't think I was possibly contagious with some lame virus. I hated to admit it but I also desperately missed my mom. She stopped visiting after our argument and it made me realize just how special she was to me.

"Of course. We planned on sending you back so that you could pretend you weren't secretly trying to battle Houston's Worst Nightmare," Rose released a small, sarcastic chuckle.

"Really?" I asked excitedly. "But why?"

"We can't just take you from your home. This poison got our parents and families. That's how we're even allowed to be here. It started with the parents, a few of them, and then it took a few kids like you. There doesn't seem to be a pattern, we just want to get rid of it. However, your family wasn't affected, and we would rather not them get suspicious about why you disappeared." Rose explained in length.

"Oh."

Saying the word "oh" isn't usually a very good way to show what you're feeling after someone tells you a long paragraph about what you have to do in a very important situation. In fact, most people get frustrated when all they hear is "oh," because it does not reveal many of the thoughts the other person was feeling. However, when I said my "oh" to Rose then, my voice had cracked and my head was down, so I'm sure anyone that it was very clear I was unsure - and almost depressed - about what would happen to me. I nodded and stayed sat in my seat, awaiting the trip back to my grandma and imagining what my excuse would be when I saw her.