~SIXTEEN~

(( I'M SO SO SO SO SORRY,, I WAS UP IN THE MOUNTAINS AND THEY'RE GREAT AS ALWAYS BUT I HAD NO WIFI PLZZZ FORGIVE MEEE T_T))

The three more weeks I had to spend in the hospital were no less boring than the first time. I had pestered Dave more times than I even liked, but still hadn't received anything. Karkat was slowly warming back up to me, but he was more on the edge than usual. I had to tread carefully i our conversations unless I wanted to make him super upset, which I would never wish for. It was becoming draining, but relationships sometimes are, right?

Once I was finally out - for real this time - I got to go home. No, not to Mom, that is definitely not home. I got to go back to Grandma! She greeted me with a hug at the door and the smell of freshly baked desserts was in the air. I was excited to be there, until I got to the kitchen. Henry stood, back straight and chin up, and my mom leaned against the counter with a worried expression. Henry was the first to notice me, and we exchanged vindictive glares. Mom's sight found its way to me and she gasped, her face becoming more and more relieved by the second. She ran over to hug me, and I enjoyed her embrace. Henry scoffed and Mom did something I never expected her to. She turned and glared at him! I couldn't help but feel super excited. She cold finally be realizing what a terrible person Henry is.

He grumbled something, probably offensive, and left. "I'm sorry honey. He's been really insensitive the whole time we've been without you, and it was even worse when you were in the hospital. I've started doubting if money is worth living with him." She looked like she was about to cry. In fact, her eyes were puffy, as if she'd been crying before. She bit her lip and hugged me tighter.

"No, Mom," I said softly. I placed a hand over her heart and she pulled back to look at me. "I'm the one who's sorry. You've had to deal with him and it probably hasn't been very fun. I missed you." I pulled her back towards me and she released a sob. My shoulder was quickly becoming soaked, but I didn't mind. I smiled happily, enjoying my mothers undivided love and attention for the first time since Henry had joined the family.

((OH MY GOODNESSSSS that was so short m sorry my dudes but hey Henry got a feel of what he deservedddddd! Ye))

Btw have a writer's meme