Heartbreak Is More Than Just Your Heart Breaking.

So sorry that it's taken a while, I've been studying all day recently then I read to relax and it's been so stressful as I've been having writer's block whenever I try to write, so please forgive me for not updating this month. But here's a chapter so I hope you enjoy and not disappointed.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Lies, lies, lies I just want them to all be lies.

But she said what she said and I honestly feel more broken than I thought possible.

I wanted to be angry at myself but I Know that there was no helping it, I fell in a deep trance with no thought once of ever to snap out of it.

I was just that cliche rich boy with mummy and daddy issues.

She was planning on telling me, wanting to just be friends because she's no longer in love with me, she's in love with him now.

I was told once before, I should've listened.

I sat down, my legs tired of being hyper all day, mother left some time before to leave for a flight so I had time to bond with dad.

He sits down at his lounge chair, a cup of wine in his hand, his 2nd glass from what I know. Maybe more.

"Do you want to fall in love some day Farkle?" He suddenly asks.

"Probably, yeah, I mean you love ma and she loves you. I want that type of relationship one day"

I didn't realise I said that so immaturely, I didn't even know what was going on with them at the time, I just thought that was love and I wanted it.

"Farkle" he called, I look up at my father.

"I would advise you to not fall in love" he states, I look up at him confused.

"Why?" I asked, my voice low and curious.

"It'll feel nice and wonderful at first than it'll turn into something more and when you think everything's fine it all comes crumbling down on you, we call it heartbreak. But I'll tell you this because I love you, it's more than just your heart breaking"

I had no idea what he was saying, my middle school self was oblivious to the world around me. I didn't know what he ment untill it happened to me.

I thought your heart would just hurt once rejected but it more like someone tearing out your soul, maybe even worse.

I couldn't move from my bed. I've been paralysed in bed for I don't know how long, it's been ages since lacey first came in here to try to get me up and ready for school.

I didn't go, I couldn't face her. Maybe I couldn't ever walk into those halls again. I knew it was a bad idea to come back yet I did and now I'm experiencing something I never wanted to experience.

Heartbreak is more than just your heart breaking.

There was no game, I was playing with no prize and no enemy, without any real goal. I was just playing a broken record.