Confrontation

I didn't want to make a sound, I didn't want to do anything, I don't particularly know what I could do.

Run and try and get a glimpse of the person as I slam the door in their face? But what would be the point? I can't very well go to the principal with this information, I could just be seen as erratic and even more suspicious than I already look.

I take one deep breath, my hands leading me into a corner by the feeling of the wall.

"Who are you?" I asked, almost tripping over a bucket beside my feet.

"I thought you'd know who I am" a familiar voice stated, I couldn't place it in my head. A cycle of different people's faces floated around in mind for 5 minutes. I had a name but before it could leave my lips it left my mind as soon as it came.

"My minds a blank right now. I have a few things that are occupying my head at the moment" I expressed rather harshly.

"Sorry about that by the way, though I thought if you came back you'd leave Maya alone but it seems that you can't keep out of her business in the slightest." The male sighed. "You understand I'm trying to save you both from the hurt you'd later have to face." They said with a disappointed groan.

"Why does it bother you so much?" I ask standing up straight. My back no longer learning on the hard wall.

"Because Maya's my friend, she cares about you, I know you aren't a bad guy but I can't stand to see those I'm friends with heartbroken" the males voice said rather low in tone as if anyone could hear what we're saying.

His face was muddled in my brain, it was so familiar, his name was on the tip of my tongue. He was friends with Maya, so he obviously cared about her. but when has trying to stop love ever worked?

"Isn't that apart of what you're suppose to do as a teenager? Maybe break the law, be stressed with school, get into fights with people in your life, fall in love and get your heart broken, it's all apart of growing... even with the amount of pain it gives you." I stated confidently, raising my head up high even though it wouldn't have any effect through the darkness in the room.

I heard a sigh along with the swing of the door opening. it was all so sudden so before I knew what was going on I saw the grey wall in front of me, as soon as I twisted my head to the door all I got to see was a mop of black hair.

It took a slow realisation for me to run out of the very closet but as soon as I got out I didn't know what direction to go in.

I let out a disappointed sigh as I give up. I'm sure they'll come back into my mind another time.

I drag my feet from their position, heading to the courtyard outside, hopefully to find some price of quiet.

I walked through the archway to the the benchs sat on the path. I fall back and rub my fingers through my soft strands of hair. Letting out a prolonged sigh, dragging my arm over my eyes.

I don't know what to do.

I hear heels click, as someone walks towards me. I lift my arm and look up to see golden hair sparkle in the sunlight, my eyes adjust to the light and I see Mayas face appear, with a sad smile.

My heart beats loudly. To the point I can hear it echo throughout my ears.

"M-maya, what's going on?" I ask. Sitting up with correct posture. She points to the spot next to me silently asking to sit down.

I shift to the side and she sits down, her eyes never shining with the brightness I use to see. What made her suddenly try and find me?

"Farkle" she replied. Her voice no higher than a whisper. Her eyes don't gaze up at my face and i know this is serious. "I didn't know who else to confine in, I'm sorry if I'm bothering you."

This kind of behaviour from Maya was rare, so rare it was surprising to hear her say sorry for speaking to me, when it's one of the things I wish she'd do.

"Not at all" I let my hand fall over hers softly, comforting her hopefully.

Her eyes glaze over slightly as a tear falls down her cheek slowly making my endless wonder continue to grow larger.

"Farkle" she whispers. "I have depression... I'm afraid Monty's making it worse".
...
Hey. I know it's been really long since I've done anything on online I've become semi AMI. I've been working on an original story and I've put a lot of ideas into it and it's absorbed most of my creativity and focus. I apologise.

This may not be the best chapter to bring back after such a long wait but I've updated and that I hope is enough.